• GEORGE

IMAGINE #8 : GEORGE HARRISON

FOR perfectcorbyn

Helly couldn't wait for George to come back from tour. Before he'd even left, Helly had begun to think of all of the things they would do when he returned. There would be a lot of cuddling, a lot of kissing of course, but also a lot of cooking in Helly's part. She loved to cook for George. She didn't exactly love cooking per-se, but she did it for George.

One of her favorite things to do was to look up recipes and make them. Sometimes the meals wouldn't turn out alright and Helly and George would go out for some pints instead. Helly lead a busy life but whenever she was off, she'd look through different cookbooks.

On the second week George was away, George asked her, "So, what is Helly going to cook me when I return? Maybe something with some belly jelly?"

"Nothing if you keep rhyming like that."

"I'm sorry," George replied. Helly could tell he was smiling at the other end of the line. "I really can't help myself, y'know. Will you be cooking? I am desperate for something good to eat. They aren't feeding me nearly enough."

"He eats like a bloody pig!" John exclaimed at the other end of the line.

Helly covered her laugh with her hand.

"I may or not be cooking. That would ruin the surprise, wouldn't it?"

"You will," George replied. "You love me too much not to."

That, Helly couldn't deny.

Helly kept looking through receipts and going to work. At night she dreamed about food.

. . .

Late July, George was set to arrive in three days. Helly tried out a couple of recipes, before settling with the perfect one. She was all ready for the day of George's arrival. She waited patiently for him to arrive home. Her parents where with Helly, both of them excited to see George too.

"You're looking a little bit pale," Helly's mum told her. She reached out to touch her forehead. Helly shook the thought away. She couldn't be sick. She simply couldn't. "I think you're coming down with something. You're a little warm."

"Mum, you're paranoid."

"Helly, you should go get some rest," she said. Helly did feel lightheaded. But the food was ready. She'd been chopping things and working on sauces for the past two hours. The food was warm, the house was clean, everything was ready for George's arrival. Even Helly's body was shaking in anticipation.

"Come on Helly," her mum said. Helly went up the stairs slowly. She willed George to arrive while she was going up the stairs, so she wouldn't have to go rest. But he didn't.

She collapsed on her bed, and immideatly went to sleep.

She heard laughter down the stairs.

She lifted her head from the pillow. Without checking her reflection, Helly went down the stairs. Despite how groggy she was, she still recognized George's laughter and voice coming from down the stairs. She stopped the staircase, and stared at him.

He was here.

George was here.

He sitting across from her parents, cigarette in hand. Helly began to panic. She hadn't even stopped to look at herself.

"Helly," her mum said. "Are you feeling better?"

"Uh-huh," she replied quietly, as though trying not to draw any attention to herself. There's still time, Helly thought, I can still run and go dab some powder on.

"Helly," George said. "Lovely meal."

"I need some air," Helly said. She felt a little better, but the smell of the food made her want to throw up. She went outside and sat on one of the chairs the backyard had. She looked up at the stars and breathed in the cool air.

"How are you feeling?" George asked. He'd followed her out of the house. He sat beside her, and looked at her intently.

"Better. Still a little bit sick. But I think the air will do me some good."

He reached out to touch her forehead. He grabbed her hand, and intertwined their fingers. They sat, Helly taking deep breaths, George telling her stories of things that had happened while on tour.

"I really did love the food," he said. "Sorry I couldn't wait for you to get back downstairs. It just smelled so good, I couldn't help myself."

"I'm glad you enjoyed it. I spent way too long looking for the recipes. Now that I think about it, all of the cooking and tasting I've done lately might have gotten me sick."

"Ah, you went and did some wild meals, did ya?"

"You have no idea."

"Do you feel well enough for me to give you a kiss?" George asked.

"Always." Helly replied.

And so he kissed her.

And Helly felt a little bit better.

. . .

[a/n: perfectcorbyn wowowow it took me so long to write this, and for that I apologize. I hope you liked it, at though! ]