"Is everything okay? Any broken bones?"

"Surprisingly not. Just severe bruising on my ribs."

"Uh, Alex." I lean down and kiss his right cheek that is clear of cuts. "Why does this need to happen to you? You deserve so much better."

He takes my hands in his. "So do you. I don't know how to make up for what happened."

"I told you i'm fine." As long as I don't think about how terrifying that was and how I believed I was going to die, then I'm fine.

He shakes his head and looks down. "Your life would be... perfect if I wasn't in it."

"No, it would be horrible. It was boring and shitty before I met you and now this is the happiest i've been in years."

He continues to shake his head, frowning. "You could have died because of me. You don't deserve that," he meets my eyes. "I don't want you to be dragged down with me anymore."

"Please, Alex," I sit beside him, my body facing him and my grip on his arm tight. "Please don't do this. I won't let you walk away from us. Please. I love you." My eyes gloss over and I don't even care if I start crying. "I need you."

Finally, he looks at me and puts a hand on the side of my face, wiping away a tear that fell. "Okay," he whispers and I sigh with relief, but the tears don't stop falling, and I start thinking about what happened which makes it worse.

Alex puts his arm around me, pulling me against him and I lightly rest my head against his chest. "I'm never letting you out of my sight ever again," he says.

"I can live with that."

"Are you two okay?" I hear Isabella say so I sit up, wiping my tears and she rushes over to hug her son.

"Owe," Alex winces from the hug like he did when I hugged him.

Val comes in behind her. "What is it with you and hospitals? You attention seeking fuck," he jokes but his smile drops when he looks at me. "Oh my god, Amelia are you okay?"

"I'm good," I laugh a little and he stands in front of me.

Isabella pulls a shirt out of her bag and hands it to Alex and he stands up, pulling it on.

"How's your head?" She asks me.

"It's fine. They gave me pain killers."

She smiles sympathetically. "Your Mom and Dad are on their way here."

I sigh, feeling relieved and stand up too. I can't wait to see them. Val leans in closer, looking at both sides of my head.

"I wanted to see blood."

"Is that why you came? Not to be a supportive brother?" I laugh.

"Oh yeah, that too. Which ones my brother?" He looks around the room.

"Probably the only other guy in the room." I put my hand on his chest which makes him flinch, all expression from his face disappearing and he steps backwards so my hand drops. What the heck was that all about?

My parents walk in just then before I can ask about what just happened, and Val keeps his eyes on the floor. Mom hugs me asking if i'm alright which I respond to with I'm fine.

"Hey, Val," Dad says and Val smiles.

"What's up, Dylan? Miss-"

Alex grabs Val's shirt and pulls him over to him, telling him to shut up which makes my Dad smile.