Epilogue

• Dedicated to Every one of you who read this <3

:Time skip - 2 weeks, Wednesday lunch hour: 

:Jack's p.o.v.: 

Alex's hand clasped in my own felt.. Right. Like this is the way it's meant to be. I can't help but imagine what it would have been like if we didn't do that stupid 'meet again' thing. I can't help but think how painfully slow the day would go, being stuck with him hating me. I don't think I could handle that. But now, everything is as it should be. 

I've been texting Jenna a lot lately, apparently her and Tay have decided to try it out with the distance. Honestly I think that's adorable, the two of them hit it off and now, even though Jenna will be back in Australia by the time this year is over, they are still trying to make it work. I was right about Tay, she's head over vans for Jenna too. Jenna invited me to a skype call between the two of them but it got so awkward third wheeling, I eventually left. I mean, they're cute and everything, really. But they're like Rian and Cas. Sickeningly cute, without even realising it. Honestly I wouldn't be surprised if Rian and Cas end up married with 2.5 kids and a white, suburban picket fence house, a family dog, Rian going out at working with Cas staying at home as a housewife. Although Cas would never agree to that. I could see them married with kids however. Maybe not the typical 'American dream' however. 

I look around the table at everyone. Rian and Cas were sitting together, talking quietly and holding hands under the table, exchanging cute little pecks on the cheek occassionally. Zack was sitting with his new crush, Regina. Regina was on the swim team, Cas introduced them actually. She has longish blonde hair, the natural kind not the bottle blonde of half our God forsaken student body. Her large, brown eyes were wide and always twinkling with excitement and maybe even a glint of michief while her cheeky grin was always gracing her pale lips. She, like Cas, wore little or not make up. "Takes too long to take it off and reapply after swimming," as she says. Currently, she wore a pair of acid washed ripped blue skinny jeans and a plain grey tee, topped off with Zack's letterman jacket and black dunks. Like Cas, her style was different. But good different. 

Alex was looking sexy as ever in his plain grey tank top and checkered black flannel shirt-jacket, plain black beanie topping his head, black skinny jeans and his falling apart at the seams grey converse topping off the look. Casual, but sexy. He didn't sleep last night apparently, too busy trying to finish that dumb assessment for Ancient History. Well, to be fair he finished at 3am, and we just stayed up talking for the rest of the night. Due to this, he nearly fell asleep in Ancient History a few minutes ago, being shocked awake by the bell signalling lunch hour began. Due to his sleepiness, his voice was currently that 'I-just-woke-up' sexy morning voice, despite it being 1 in the afternoon. Alex must have noticed me staring at him because he gave me a quizzical look. 

"Do I have something on my face?" 

"Yeah, this," and I leant forward, grazing my lips on his nose gently with a kiss. 

"You smooth fucker, Barakat," Alex laughed, giving my hand a quick squeeze. 

"I try," sending him a quick wink, I look up at our table once more. The cheerleaders were fangirling, football team was shouting stupid things like 'Get in there Barakat' and 'Atta boy, you've got game!' Chuckling, I see Cas looking at us, wriggling her eyebrows and Rian gave me a knowing smile. Mental note: Thank Rian later, possibly become his slave for a week. He was right. Zack and Regina were in their own little bubble, it was the cutest thing really. 

"Oi, Barakat! Kiss 'im already!" One of the jocks, Liam? Luke? Louis? I can't remember his name, he shouted at us, Alex looked down blushing profusely. 

"Aw, little Gaskarth is getting embarrassed?" One of the other guys, Jordyn? Jake? Fuck it, I can't remember their names. I think he was a cornerback or linebacker. Yeah, no definately linebacker. The linebacker yelled after the other jock, teasing Alex. 

"You guys are so cuuuuute!" A cheerleader, Gabi, squealed, as I felt a light blush grace my own cheeks. "It's like, fate, that you like, moved here, Alex!" All of the other cheerleaders agreed, chattering loudly. 

"But you have to like, go back next year, don't you?" Another cheerleader, Amy, pouted, one hand clasped in the hand of the first jock, her boyfriend (of the week) and the other playing with her ombre hair. 

The mood suddenly turned sour as Alex's eyes darkened, his grip loosened on my hand and he stayed silent. A few cheerleaders were glaring at Amy, the jocks sending Alex and I sad looks. 

"What, you were all thinking it!" Amy cried, "I'm so sorry Jacky and Lexy, I didn't mean to ruin this good mood." 

"It's fine," I said, voice low and eyes diverted from people to the crappy, linoleum ground. 

"Hey, we still have the rest of the year together. Don't look so down baby," Alex whispered in my ear, the rest of the people going back to their own conversations. 

Alex's honey eyes still had a few tears in them, some spilling onto his cheeks. That's one of the things I like about him. Clearly he's still upset but he's disregarding that to make sure I'm okay and I know he's not going anywhere. For the past two weeks he's been nothing but perfect and I hope we can make this last somehow. Even with the distance. He's so sweet and kind, despite his earlier actions. He's always trying to make up for it, even though I've already forgiven him. 

"Shut up and kiss me now." 

Now, I've realised. I'm not falling for him. 

I already fell. 

Okay so.. this is it... The end.. This fic was my baby and now I'm choking up... There will be a sequel! [But we all know sequels are never as good as the original c;] 

I would just like to thank you all for sticking with me through this all. This is legitimately the first fic I've ever finished and I've been re-energised and now I just wanna write MORE :D 

The sequel will be called "A Love Like War" and I should be putting it up sometime soon :) 

Chapter dedication goes to all you beautiful motherfuckers out there who stuck around long enough to read this 

I LOVE YOU <3 

-Sarah xxxxx 

=Extra addition= 

Good news everyone; A Love Like War is up now so you can all stop asking and check it out on my profile page [because no I'm not linking it don't be lazy]