Prologue

- New update; check out the trailer on the side please kthx ilu - 

"Barakat!" The deputy headmistress of Baltimore High shouted after me, as I skated past her, towards the quad where my friends sat. Of course I was going to get in trouble for something I didn't do. It was always 'Pick up that trash!' or 'Stop running in the halls!' but her favourite, by far, was 'Detention!'

"Yes, Ms Fuller?" I internally groan, and slowly step off my skateboard. I pick up my board and turn around, coming face to face with the monsterous Ms Fuller. She has a mean face and beady little brown eyes, with thick, brown eyebrows. Her voice was very deep, almost manly. Her nose was big and crooked, hooking at the end. She had blonde hair, turning grey, with brown roots showing through. She must have been at least 60, with the deep set creases in her forehead and crows feet at her eyes.

"Barakat," she also had a habit of calling me by my last name. "This is Alexander Gaskarth, the new exchange student. I would like you to show him around the school today." Ms Fuller then turned and stalked back into her office, scowling at kids around her.

Then, I saw him. He had the most beautiful caramel brown hair, his bangs framing his face; his gorgeous eyes were a deep, chocolate brown, looking around, clearly bored. I can't blame him, I hate school too, and having to deal with Ms. Fuller so early on a Monday morning. I would be totally lying if I said I wasn't checking him out. Yeah, that's right. I'm gay. Everyone knows it. Part of the reason I'm so popular is because all of the dumb cheerleaders wanted a gay best friend. I guess my coming out story wasn't 'normal'. Mostly you hear about kids getting bullied because they came out. Mine was quite the opposite. It probably helped that I was already on the higher rungs of the social status ladder; I am best friends with the star quarterback of Baltimore High. Of course there are still those few ignorant assholes, most people were happy/didn't give a fuck though.

"Hi," Alex spoke, his voice had me hooked like good cocaine. And that accent! It took all of my willpower not to swoon at his accent.

"Uh, h-hi I'm Jack." I shakily extend my right hand for him to shake, and he ignores it. He clearly doesn't want to be here, let alone make friends. 'Damnit Jack get your shit together. Stop stuttering! He's obviously straight and you creeped him out by staring at him!' I almost slapped myself due to my own stupidity. I hadn't realised I was staring and I probably creeped him out.

"So, are we just gonna stand here or can we go? I don't want to be late on my first day," Alex muttered, clearly annoyed. Mental note: stop checking out straight guys, it scares them.

"Right, so uh, what class do you have first?" I shove my hands in the pockets of my black skinny jeans, slumping my shoulders. My hair was probably disgusting, a raven mess of dry, stiff hair. I used the last of my hairspray trying to keep it in place, and I spent so long trying to make my hair that perfect chaos it usually is, I barely had time to choose a shirt (a random Blink-182 shirt that I grabbed from the floor and pulled on) before rushing out to my bus.

"English with Wilson. Ms Fuller said we had the same classes together, so you have to "show me around" or something and "guide me to my classes". I don't need a babysitter," Alex spat, gripping his backpack straps. "Are we going to go or not?" He snapped.

"Yeah, right this way, asshole." Alex huffed in annoyance, crossing his arms across his chest. He looked like an adorable little toddler who didn't get the toy he wanted. I'm not usually a dick like that but something about Alex pissed me off, and intrigued me. And he was hot. Fuck him. I mean, I'd like to fuck him, but also, fuck him. Ugh! "Robin is pretty chill anyways and we aren't even late. The bell hasn't even-"
Ring!
I furrowed my brow and started walking to class, Alex in step behind me. Expertly weaving my way through groups of people, the freshmen who clumped in the hallways before classes, the sophmore girls who were standing by their lockers, checking out the attractive senior guys, the juniors and seniors loitering in the halls if they had a free period. It was second period but I had first as a "study" period, so this is my first class of the day. Perks of being a senior I suppose. I stop outside the classroom, and wait for Alex to catch up. Moments later, a mop of perfect caramel hair pushed it's way through the crowd. "Welcome to Baltimore High, asshole. You'll be judged on everything except your sexuality." His eyes widened at this. He was probably used to judging people due to sexual preference. Not that this school, motherfucker! He said nothing still, and we walked into the classroom. It was set in a U-shape, so we could all face each other for class discussions.

"Hey Jack!" Mr Wilson, Robin, called when he saw me. Robin, as he prefered his senior students to call him, was an english teacher, and stood at about 5"6 tall. Despite his age and constant stubble, he still gets ID'd when going into a restricted movie or buying a restricted game. He is about 35 but most likely due to his small frame, childish behaviour and tendancy to ride a pennyboard, he is often mistaken for a 15-17 year old. Robin has a quiff of dark brown, almost black hair, and dark brown eyes, with naturally tanned skin, from his Fillipino heritage.

"Who is your friend here?" Robin looks at Alex curiously, and Alex steps forward.

"Alex Gaskarth. Exchange student from England."

"Ah Alex, welcome, welcome. Very nice to meet you. I am Mr Wilson but feel free to call me Robin. It seems the only spare seat is next to Vic, up the back there. Victor, please raise your hand."

Vic Fuentes was one of the music kids, not the studious type. But neither am I, I just have a good memory and the ability to bullshit essays off the top of my head. Vic was short like Robin, but muscular, and of a mexican heritage. Vic raised his hand and Alex walked up to him, and sat with him. I felt a pang of.. jealousy? But I barely knew Vic, let alone Alex.

I sigh and slip into my seat on the other side of the room, next to Rian. Rian Dawson was the star quarterback of Baltimore High's football team, and also my best friend of 17 years. Rian had a buzz-cut which was growing out, currently it was a centimeter or so long. He also hasn't shaved in a few days, and stubble was growing. I saw bags under his brown eyes as he stiffled a yawn, obviously he stayed up late on the phone with his girlfriend Cassadee. Rian was handsome, for sure, but I didn't see him that way. He was my best friend and my brother.

"Hey man," Rian gave me a little wave, turning back to his textbook, quickly checking over his homework.
"Morning," I mumble, getting out my textbook and workbook.

After English, Alex shuffles over towards me, following me to the next class. Maths.

"Hi Miss," I call, shuffling to the back of the class where I usually sit. Alex introduces himself to the teacher and walks over to me, sitting next to me.

About halfway through the lesson, Alex passes me a note that reads:

Sorry I was so grumpy this morning, I just don't want to be here

"That's okay, I understand," I whisper, still taking down notes from the board. Alex nodded at me, and kept taking notes.

"Do you want to sit with us today at lunch?" I ask, once Miss Davis told us to turn to page 62 and continue on with the exercise from last lesson.

Alex turns to me, his eyes widening. "I, uh. Sorry, Vic already invited me to his table. Maybe next time?" He sheepishly smiled at me, and I half-heartedly returned it.

"Sure, no problems man." I lied. I don't know why, there is just something about Alex. I want to keep him all to myself, but I don't even know him.

That was when I first began falling for Alex Gaskarth.

(A/N: I know it isn't all that crash hot but do you like it? Suggestions? Feedback? Vote and comment if I should continue? Pls :3 #thirstybitch Have a gr8 day loves ♡)