Chapter 3

*Time skip: Thursday night - 10pm* 

:Jack's p.o.v.: 

As I look around me, the party is in full swing - drunken teenagers everywhere. The music was blaring, some stupid, loud pop music. Luckily the Fuentes' neighbours are a bunch of old folk with poor hearing. The dancefloor (aka, The Fuentes' living room) was filled with drunken teenagers grinding each other in time with the music, some clutching red solo cups. A few girls who (clearly) don't go to Baltimore High tried to hit on me. 

"Nice party, huh?" A really attractive girl with bright green hair walked up to me. She wasn't dressed like the other girls - A baggy orange jersey and black skinny jeans. She wore a few necklaces with some charms on them and woven bracelets; upon closer inspection, she also had a nose ring! All of my friends seem to have nose rings! Well... Vic does. He counts, right? She also had a really cute Australian accent. If I was straight, I would slam her like a front door in a hurricane. But alas, I am gay. 

"I know," I re-adjust myself so I was slight facing her, leaning on the wall. I was standing near the door into the kitchen, opposite the speakers, clutching a red solo cup full of lemonade. I still have to drive home tonight - Mom wants me home by 12. I mean, she knows there's drinking at these parties, so her way of stopping me from drinking was to entrust me with the car and give me a curfew. "There's so many hot guys here, I can't help but check them out. Even if they're straight, they're too drunk to notice and they won't remember it tomorrow." This should put her off - it did with all the other girls. I chuckle slightly to myself. 

"Finally! Someone else who sees it that way!" Her lips curve up into a mischievious grin, "Except I'm more into the ladies," she winks. 

"Ahh, got your eye on anyone, then?" I wink back. There was something about her, I don't even know her name, but I knew we'd be friends. 

"Only if you tell me who you're sweet on." 

I sigh, unsure of what to tell her. Sure, Alex was cute and all but I don't actually know if I like him that way, I might just be a really hormonal teenage boy. "I guess. But let's go somewhere more private." 

The green-haired girl lead me to the back of the house, past the kitchen (with teenage couples making out in a alcohol-fuelled lustful state) and out the back door. There was a small deck, practically empty, save two people, a boy and girl from Baltimore High that I can't remember the names of, on the far side talking quietly and the girl occassionally laughing. 

"I'm Jack, by the way," I outstretch my hand and the girl takes it, shaking. 

"Jenna. I'm not from around here, I guess you can tell," She grinned again. 

"Yeah, I noticed. Australian?" 

"Yep, on exchange. I'm a friend of Vic's. Living in San Diego, but because of the long weekend my host family let me fly here to stay with Vic. He used to live in San Diego, y'know." 

"Oh, cool. I remember Vic moved here a few months ago. That's cool that your host family let you come and visit him. You guys must be good friends," I smile, I could still hear the music very loudly, but at least they changed it to some good old AC/DC now. None of that pop crap. Jenna and I still had to talk a little louder than we should have to hear ourselves. Again, Vic is really lucky about his neighbours. 

"So, Jenna. Who's the cutie with a booty you have your eye one?" Jenna giggled at this, clearly she agreed tho. 

"Her name is Tay Jardine. She's a friend of Vic's from your school. I've met her a bunch of times and we talk over skype occassionally and wow she's a cutie with a booty alright."