Scared

Getting the supplies for tea was easy enough. When your were Keir's pets you were given anything you asked.

The kettle was boiling on our makeshift stove and a sweet aroma came from the pot, that made my head spin.

As per usual Keir had stopped by to check on our progress, after he was satisfied he left.

Obi walks into the workshop, on unsteady feet.

I immediately walk over to him and attempt to push him back inside the bedroom, "Obi, this will knock a healthy man out easily, in your condition I don't want to risk you passing out in the middle of our escape."

Obi gives an exasperated sigh as he allows me to push him back into the room.

He drops onto the bed, "I just feel so useless. I hate not being able to be of any help."

I let out of breath of air and ease myself onto the bed next to him. I lean back and lay on the bed with my hands resting on my stomach.

We stay like that a while. No words, just the sound of quiet breathing.

Obi finally speaks, "You were in this place for six years."

I turn my head to see Obi staring at me. His eyes were sad, a pitiful contrast to their usual mischievous spark.

I reach a hand out to him. Hesitantly he takes my hand in his. Mine calloused from crafting thousands of weapons, and his rough from years of fighting.

I don't know how to respond to his comment, so instead I say, "Thank you for coming for me."

Obi gives my hand a squeeze, "I wasn't much help."

"It doesn't matter to me. Whether you got me out or not, I don't think I would care. The fact you cared enough to come for me..." I shake my head and force my tightening throat to relax, "No one has ever done anything like that for me before."

Obi opens his mouth to say something, but Lowen comes in.

"It's ready," for the first time, Lowen actually looks excited. Likely the only time he's felt hopeful.

I sit up and give Lowen the best smile I can muster. My nerves were fraying at the thought of attempting this horrible, desperate attempt at escaping.

I didn't have much confidence in this awfully thought out plan, but I didn't let Lowen see that.

Instead I told him the only thing I could, "Well then, why don't we start with the guards at our door?"