Escort

I wake to sun filtering through my window. I move to a sitting position and rub my eyelids.

"I guess I fell asleep," I look at clothes draped over my desk. They were similar to the ones I wore.

A sleeveless tunic with a cowl collared neckline, leggings, and light boots.

I walk over and run my hands over the tunic. It was much finer material. "Glad they remember my taste."

I go to the bathroom and bathe, careful to keep my wound dry. I would have to go see Shirayuki to change it later.

I step out if the bath and change. The fabric was much more forgiving than my regular clothing.

I pull my hair into a ponytail. The tight curls giving it the look of a bun.

Once I open the door, I see Obi and Zen standing by the doorway. Obi looking none too happy.

"Good morning, Vela."

I walk to my bed and hold onto a post, "Morning."

Obi glares straight ahead.

"I don't mean to be rude, but why is Obi here?" I am unable find another way to word my question.

Zen chuckles, "He will be your escort."

"My escort," I draw it out.

I smirk. This could be fun.

"You will have to stay inside castle walls until I can set a meeting. Obi will be here to make sure of that."

My smirk fell, "So in actuality he's my jailer." I cross my arms over my chest, "Huh, it makes sense why he agreed to tolerate me now."

"Vela-"

I raise my hand, "No, I get it. You have no reason to trust me. Anyhow I was just going to see Shirayuki." I raise my bandaged arm for emphasis.

I brush past the prince, "Keep me updated on events, yeah? Come, Escort. I know seeing Shirayuki will put you in a better mood."

I don't turn around to see if Obi follows. I just assume. Just like he assumed I was like any other Mauranian.