"-a puppy against a giant."

"What else am I, mister king."

"You are nothing." That struck a nerve, hitting too close to home. "That stings doesn't it? Maven shares a lot of secrets and weaknesses. Little insecure pup that's been bullied her whole life, cast in the shadows only to be brought out in the light to be hurt. I bet you feel defeated at this point." I looked him in the eye and held my hands at my sides.

"Awh, mister you think too lowly of me." I held my hands up. "That's another mistake." I pulled the electricity from every bulb in this room and pulled it all down, making the king, queen, and princess jump to shield themselves from my bolts. I pulled it around the room, finding every crack I could before the prince stood up. He was hit with bolts, but wasn't affected. He stormed towards me and I pulled my leg up to kick, but he grabbed it and spun me towards him to where he wrapped his arms around me and pinned my hands down, smothering the only window to my power I had left. I growled and threw myself around, but he held me still with ease.

I watched angrily as the other royals got back up and the king looked more infuriated than ever.

"My son Thorn tames you well." I snarled and showed my teeth at him, but he wasn't fazed. He knew this Thorn guy was way stronger than me and I wouldn't be getting out of his hold anytime soon. "He'd be good to keep you in your place. Your power doesn't affect him, and he can smother it with one glance."

"What's your point?" I growled.

"You're in a rush."

"I don't like being around scum for longer than ten minutes. Gives me headaches." I spit at his feet, a sign of massive disrespect that the prince could snap my neck for right this instant.

"So nasty, the term bitch for a female pup doesn't disappoint." I roared, but again it did nothing. "You'll be taught how to behave as though a royal fae would. But first you need some punishment."

"I'm not royal or a fairy."

"Not yet." He teased, causing me to perk in caution. What was he talking about? "Taking you away from your mutt at home isn't enough to shake his core, he grew up stronger than that and we both know it." I didn't like where this was going. "You're going to be our own little pet and Thorn will be your master."

"Excuse me?"

"You heard him, mutt." The queen hissed at me.

"Thorn, I believe our pet needs a little training lesson. Maybe take her to lessons and show her who her master is?" I wiggled my shoulders when Thorn agreed and started to drag me out of the throne room and the only sound in the room was my frantic kicks and protests.

"Eat this." A plate was put on the cool stone floor in front of me, the clash of the metal catching my attention. I looked up, my hair falling from the braid it was held in previously. My eyes were hard and cold but I don't think it made a difference to the guard.

I could feel a drop of blood roll down my back and the skin on my cheek stung. My fingers ached from being smashed into the wall, but I reached out anyway and grabbed the makeshift metal plate closer.

Without hesitating I gulped down the water and consumed every crumb from the plate, knowing it was in every way possible I couldn't get these things later as a punishment or cruel joke. I tried not to think about the fact that something in it didn't taste right.

"Get up, that's enough." The guard grabbed me by my bare forearm and lifted me up, throwing a new shirt at me to catch. I quickly put it over my head, feeling more coverage instantly. I wasn't exactly comfortable in just my bra and the skirt did little coverage as well.