Content

"Y/N, you don't need to say anything." Dean started first, surprising you. After everything was done, you thought he would be furious with you, yelling and cursing you for not trusting him. What he did instead confused you. Enough that you could only sit there, your mouth wide open as he knelt in front of you, taking your hands in his own, callused ones. "It was your Dad. Of course, you were going to trust him over guys you hadn't known very long."

"But Dean, that's the point!" You argued, even though you made no attempt to pull your hands away from his. "It really wasn't my dad! I was so easily stooped that I ended up getting in trouble, and had to kill the only man who's ever been there for me."

Pulling his hands from yours, he stared at you, his green eyes full of hurt. "Y/N, I know there have been some differences between us. That things started out rocky when we first met. But I would like to think that I've been there for you. I've rescued you. Hell, I even love you!" He blurted out, his eyes widened when he realized what he had just said.

"Dean, I'm sorry. That was wrong, and selfish of me to say. You have been there for me. Even when we wanted to strangle each other, you were there when I needed you." You apologized. "But truly? You love me? You aren't saying this to make me feel better?"

"No, I've been in love with you for a long time. It's just not something I can admit easily." He started, and you could easily see how flustered he was.

"It's true!" Sam yelled as he walked by the open door to the room. Making Dean even more flustered as he stood up and moved to shut the door. "I've only heard him say it a handful of times. And usually people are dying for it to happen."

"Not helping Sam." Dean grumbled, slamming the door in his brother's face. "I'm sorry, but you know how Sam can be."

"Don't be sorry. You've just told me what I've been wanting to hear. Finding out that the Dean Winchester is in love with you? All everything else pairs in comparison."

"It's just plain Dean." He muttered, sitting down next to you on the bed. "But Y/N, I know what it's like, having to face your father, and it's not easy. You made a choice. Maybe not one I would have made, but it's over now, and you're back here, where you belong. I just want us to move on from here, together."

"I want that too." You whispered, afraid that if you spoke out loud you would wake up from this dream. "I was just heartbroken thinking you could never forgive me for doubting you. For running away."

"It hurt." He admitted. "You can ask Sam. I was a miserable mess. Tossing things, cursing your name. But then, when I heard more of the story, I know you did what you thought was right at the time. I can't be angry with you at that. But..." He pointed his finger at you. "If you decide to pull any more bone headed stunts like that, I'm locking you in this room."

"Fair." You agreed. "But it's not going to happen again. I've learned my lesson."

Pulling you tight to him, he kissed your temple. "So, is everything okay between us now?"

"That depends." You started, feeling him tense beside you. "On if I get to pick the pizza toppings tonight."

"No anchovies!" He teased, the tension in the room gone. "But seriously, Y/N. I know I'm not good at expressing my true emotions. At turning them into words. But I will try my hardest. Because I have you back now, and I don't ever want to have to deal with those feelings again."

"Dean, you do a better job of showing your emotions than you think. It's in your eyes, or in the small things you do. If the words are too hard for you to say, I don't mind. Because you show them in so many other ways."

With your chin grasped between his two fingers, he turned your face until your lips brushed against his. It was the most tender kiss the two of you shared, promising everything the two of you had just talked about. "See, that's what I'm talking about." You whispered, feeling him chuckle against you. "Now, how about that pizza?"

Standing up, he held his hand out, pulling you to your feet. Tucked against his body, you felt at home for the first time in a long time. This was right. Sure, you had fought against these types of feelings ever since your father had first died. You had been scared to open your heart, to let anyone close to you ever again. And even though you had tried, Dean had easily been able to wiggle his way into your heart, proving that you had been wrong. That closing yourself off to love had only been to hurt you. "Everything good?" Dean asked you as you stopped in front of the cozy little living room.

"Everything's great." You answered, stepping inside, a smile on your face.

Glancing between the two of you, Sam stood up, pulling you into a hug before patting his brother on the back. "Glad to see things are good between the two of you." He smiled.

Taking a deep breath, you grabbed his hand, making him stand next to you. Cas stood up from his spot on the far side of the room, coming to stand in front of you. "While I have my three favorite men in front of me. While there isn't an imminent threat awaiting us, I want to say this. Before I met you guys, I was a scared girl on the run. Too scared to open my heart, to realize that these men that were hunting with me were the best things to happen to me. I gained friends." You looked towards Sam and Cas. "And I found the love of my life. Thank you for sticking with me, letting me grow."

"Y/N, you're like a sister to me, and I can't imagine life without you in it. You make Dean a better person, which is pretty damn hard to do." Sam told you, as you leaned forward to hug Cas.

"I agree with Sam." Cas told you. "I wasn't sure about you at first, but you've made me realize that you aren't too bad."

"Thanks Cas." You sighed, knowing that was the best you would get from the Angel. At that moment, Dean leaned down, picking you up and tossing you onto the couch.

"Enough with the emotional crap!" He answered. "I'm ready for some pizza!"

Sitting down next to you, he raised his arm, letting you cuddle next to him while Sam left to bring back pizza. It was exactly what you needed after the ordeal with your dad, and you had a feeling that Dean knew that.

The End