Waking Up

Feeling more refreshed than you had in years, you slowly woke up, letting yourself adjust to the fact that there was sun shining through the windows, and a warm body was still pressed tightly against your own. Stretching slightly, you felt a pair of arms tighten their hold on you, and that's when it finally clicked in your brain that you weren't alone on the bed. Opening your eyes, you found myself staring at the smooth and freckled expanse of Dean's neck, the stubble coloring it lightly. He mumbled in his sleep, his arm loosening slightly from around your waist, where his hand was splayed on the bare skin your shirt exposed. 

"And you're still going to tell me nothing happened between the two of you." Sam's voice sounded from the other bed. Turning carefully in Dean's arms, it took you a couple of seconds until you were facing Sam, who was sitting on the edge of his bed, a huge knowing smile on his face.

"Sam." You hushed, not wanting to wake up Dean. You could feel your face flushing, knowing you had been caught. You weren't ready to explain things to Sam when you didn't even really understand them yourself. Slipping off the bed, you grabbed his hand, pulling him out the door of the hotel, before shutting it behind you. 

Standing there shivering, you tilted your head up until you could look Sam in the eyes. "It's not what you think." You started.

He chuckled, acting as if the cold didn't bother him at all. "Not what I think? You guys were acting all weird after the hunt last night, and now I wake up to see you snuggled deep in Dean's arms. And he doesn't do that with any girl, ever. So tell me what I'm supposed  to think."

"Fine. Last night, after Dean had to pull me from the bathtub, I might have, um, kissed him." You said, the words at the end growing softer until he had to strain to even hear them.

"You kissed Dean?" He asked, his face weirdly lighting up with joy. "How did that go? I gather it went well if he let you cuddle with him."

"Shh." You warned, even though you were outside. "And yes it seemed to go well. But now, I'm not sure what's going to happen."

He pursed his lips together, as he contemplated your words. "Good point. Who knows with Dean. He's more of the love em and leave em type. So it will be interesting to see what he does."

You grabbed Sam's forearm, stopping him from going back inside. "Please, don't say anything to him. It's already going to be awkward enough as it is, but if you tease him, I don't know he would do."

"Fine. Take all of my fun away." Sam pouted. "But because you're my friend, I won't say anything. I'll just sit back and enjoy the show." With that he went back inside, where Dean was still sound asleep. 

With Sam still smiling widely, you grabbed your bag, wanting to take advantage of the free shower. As soon as you were inside, you turned to look at the shattered door with dismay. Pulling it as far as possible, you leaned it against the frame, giving you as much modesty as possible. 

When the hot water was starting to run low, you shut it off, climbing out of the shower, toweling yourself dry. As you pulled on your clothes, you wondered how today would go. After your father had died, you had cut all ties off with your boyfriend, and never gave yourself a chance to get close to anyone again. But there was something about Dean. Even though there were times, more than you could count, that he annoyed the crap out of you, you still were developing feelings for him. Whereas your feelings for Sam were nothing but friendly, or maybe even as family, Dean either had you pulling your hair out, or wanting to jump his bones.

"Hey, sweet cheeks can you hurry it up? Some of us out here need to hit the head." Dean's voice rang out from beside the shattered door. 

"I'll come out when I'm done!" You yelled back, the attitude normal once again between the two of you. Slipping on your tank top, you grabbed your flannel and your bag before shoving the door out of the way, and moving past Dean. Sam was nowhere to be seen. 

"Took you long enough." Dean grumbled, about ready to do the potty dance. "I almost had to use a beer bottle."

"Maybe you shouldn't have slept so long." You teased, but the memory of being held in Dean's arms had you standing still, your mind far away.

Dean came up to stand next to you, his breath tickling your neck. "Maybe if I hadn't had such a warm, willing blanket on top of me I wouldn't have slept so well." He said, his lips almost touching your earlobe.

Your body was as tight as a bow's string, waiting for his next move. His teeth connected with your earlobe, gently pulling. Closing your eyes, you tried to remain calm, but before you could even do something he was gone, chuckling as he made his way into the bathroom.

At once all the tension left your body, and you felt your shoulders slump before you tossed your long forgotten bag on the table. Sitting down on the couch, you attempted to pull your attention away from Dean, and back on hunting. Opening your laptop, you began searching for another case, needing something to do. As you searched, you heard the door open, and Sam came in, carrying coffee and a bag of bagels. Tossing you the bag, he sat a coffee cup down beside you. "Dean?" He asked.

"In the bathroom." You said, your voice surprisingly steady. 

"Good. We need to get out of here as quick as we can. Stupid guy from last night is running his mouth all around town, saying we drugged him. Cops are probably on their way." Sam said as he moved to pack his own bag. 

Quickly taking a sip of coffee, you slammed your laptop shut, pulling on your flannel as Dean came out of the bathroom, his face damp from washing it in the sink. "We've got trouble?"

After Sam relayed his message, Dean's attitude changed from one of light teasing back to his hunter self. And damn if you didn't appreciate both of them.