6: The missed appointment

Dear Diary,
This is just the beginning of my journey with you. I want to write to feel free. To let it all out. But to share beautiful things that happen, too. I somehow know that, you've been by my side for all these days, since I moved here. Or maybe since I lived in the orphanage. Anyway I'm just gonna start writing from where I "stopped" the other day. (P.s. I got this diary from a homeless man, he wanted money for food and he was selling these things.) So, I can say today is the "second" big day. Or THE big day, since the precedent one has been a TOTAL disaster. Today I'm meeting my first friend. Or maybe she won't show up and I'll be too sad to keep going. Whatever, let's do this. It's 4 pm and I'm sorry if I didn't write before but, like I said, I just bought you. So here it is. Im writing. I'm meeting my new potential friend in 20 minutes. We are meeting in the cafe just around the corner. From what she told me, I can call her Kat, but I hope that won't be too awkward. Anyway I should get going. I will write as soon as I can, so Im bringing you as well.
--
As I open the door, a beautiful brown-haired woman bumped into me, she was about 24 years old. "Hey! Don't you know you should WATCH where you're going?" she says annoyed. "I'm very sorry. You're right I should've watched, but I didn't. So forgive me." I try to always be polite, when I can. "Uh huh, whatever. What's your name, brave girl?" she asks scanning me from head to feet. Her eyes were angry and I could tell she was one of those spoiled-rich-stupid-kiddos in high school. "My name is Layla. Layla Collins." I replied. "Uh? So you're Layla uh? I pictured you differently.... Angway, Katlin can't come to your hmm "appointment" but she will next Tuesday." (It was Friday) right before she turns around, I ask "Excuse me" I continued "It would be polite and nice of you to tell me your name as well. Didn't they teach you it's rude to ask and not to tell your own name?" I also said. She hesitates but then, slowly, she says "Helena, Helena Vestergaard"