III | ❛ The scottish princess ❜

Loyalty and devotion lead to bravery. Bravery leads to the spirit of self-sacrifice. The spirit of self-sacrifice creates trust in the power of love.

― Morihei Ueshiba

     THE lingering light was obliterated by the rapidly falling night

THE lingering light was obliterated by the rapidly falling night. The once salmon and purple sky transformed into a vast expanse of jet-black that engulfed the kingdom of England. A canopy of luminous stars materialized amongst the ocean of blackness. Some were dull, merely flickering into existence every now and then, but there was an adequate amount of shimmering stars to illuminate the dark, moonless night.

The lake that surrounded the castle glistened, mirroring the dazzling assemblage of glittering stars and the luminescence from the lights of the city. The faint wind brushed against the water, the ripples ruffled the stillness of the surface, and shattered the reflection of the harbour.

The ball ended not too long after the royal guests had arrived. People were paying their respects to the king and Queen before making their way out of the palace. It was soon empty and everyone even the royal family; House Durrandon who were staying a night in English court retired to their chambers. Princess Scarlett however was determined to see her prince before the night reached it's end. Acting on her instinct, she made her way over towards the west wing of the castle where no one rarely ever goes every since the rebellion of house Almada which happened ages ago.

She remembered when she was just a child, Harry and her would wonder around this part of the palace hand in hand exploring secret passageways and treasures they've found in the empty chambers that weren't occupied anymore. Although, there was one particular room where the young prince and princess would often meet up in secret to play or fall asleep together while she stayed in England when they first were engaged.

Scarlett made her way down the long empty hallway until she reached the last door on the right. She opened it slowly expecting to see spider webs and dusty old furniture. Instead there was a shirtless man, sitting on a pedestal painting to his heart content. He heard the creaking of the door immediately pausing his drawing to turn around to see who could ever find and disturb him in this part of the castle.