Chapter 20: "Safety is Necessary"

Start from the beginning

You shrugged your shoulders, you supposed you didn't really have a reason and that he just seemed fun to draw. But, before you could get too far with the drawing, your heart sank when you heard taps on your window. It wasn't like someone was knocking on your window or anything, nobody could even get up there anyway. It just sounded like the pitter patter of small stones being thrown at your window.

You felt your heart lurch and you set your sketchbook down on the side of the couch cushions. You stood up, heart now pounding as you inched your way closer to the window. You were starting to shake again and when you got close enough, you looked down to see Austin looking up at your window. He waved and smirked as soon as he noticed you looking at him and you shakily snatched the curtains together.

You ran back to the couch and paused the music as you worriedly grabbed your phone. You unlocked it and saw that you had two unread texts but you were too scared to see who they were from. You weren't up to seeing more texts from Austin under another number, so even if it was from Papyrus, you weren't going to risk it. You had written Mr. Smith's phone number in your phone just in case of an incident so you quickly pressed the call button and waited.

It rang for around forty seconds before it went to voicemail. His voicemail was simple, except he was speaking in a very husky and seductive voice. Once again, you'd be lying if you said you didn't find it slightly attractive. But you pushed that out of your mind and left him a message saying, "Hey Mr. Smith, it's (Y\N). I need you to call me back as soon as possible please."

And after that, you heard more taps on your window and you shook your head as you gulped and looked at the clock. It was just 7:30 PM. How was today going so painfully slow? You thought about retiring early, but damn, that was extremely early for you. At least, early for you when you were working at Harvey's. But, maybe sleeping early to prepare for Muffet's wasn't that bad?

Your stomach growled and you groaned. You didn't really want to eat, but you grabbed your old bowl of ramen and walked into your kitchen. You set it in the sink and turned to the window in your kitchen. You instantly froze when you noticed there was a paper taped to the window that hadn't been there earlier. You walked closer to see it had "You can't stay inside forever, (Y\N)." written on it in in permanent marker.

This meant he had been up the stairs leading to the back of your apartment... This also meant he knew which apartment you lived in now. Your heart lurched yet again, he could've been watching you through the window while you were breaking down. Is that why he knew you were crying? You closed the curtain on the small kitchen window and suddenly didn't feel very hungry anymore. But, in order for you not to starve, you grabbed the last cookie Mrs. Agatha had made you.

As soon as you had taken a bite of the cookie, the heavenly homemade flavor calmed you down. The cinnamony goodness was amazing and you frowned when you realized you wouldn't get any more for a while. Wait, could you pay for her to make you cookies? That'd be a great idea... Hell, even if she charged you a large price, it'd be so worth it.

You quickly finished the cookie and heard a tap on the window in the kitchen which was thankfully covered by the curtain, but you knew who and what it was which made your heart sink. And just when you had felt better too. Didn't this freak have a job?!

Well, he did because he nearly caught you while he was working. Well, perhaps he got fired? He kinda deserved to get fired. But, he likely was just off of work for the day since it was pretty late to be working. Well, maybe he works weird hours. I mean, most get off at five or six but he could get off at eight or some other strange time.

You ran to your couch and picked your phone up. You pondered calling Papyrus, but you doubted he could do too much. Even if he had threatened Mr. Smith earlier. Plus, it'd take him a while to get here. You also thought about calling the cops but you knew how the alleyways behind your apartment complex were plentiful which made it easy for him to get away. And, he wasn't trying to break down your door so you tried Mr. Smith's number again.