Eighteen..

Cynthia Santana

Driving home I pulled into an empty driveway. My parents weren't home and my brothers don't get home until 3:45. Meaning I had the house to myself. I don't even know what to do.

I walked inside and threw my book bag on the floor somewhere and went to the fridge. Scanning the inside I decided on a ham sandwich. I pulled out the meat, lettuce, tomato, mayo and mustard. Grabbing the bread I made two sandwich's since I was really hungry and a snack size bag of cheetos. Looking around the house I started to feel lonely.

Siri call BestieBow💅🏼

Calling BestieBow💅🏼

It rang for a few minutes then she finally answered.

"Bestfriend." I said dragging it out and she smacked her lips causing me to laugh.

"What Cynthia." She laughed.

"Can you come over please."

"For what? I'm trying to do my homework for once in my life."

"Come over and I can help you."

"Where Erica?"

"Bitch do you wanna get hung up on?"

She burst out laughing and I smacked my lips rolling my eyes.

"Stop playing so much."

"I had to do that. But I'll come over."

I hung up and finished up my sandwich. Throwing my trash away I walked back to my room and just looked at my daughters crib while rubbing my belly.

I'm really scared about becoming a mother so young. Will I fail her? Will I make all the right decisions when it comes to her? As excited as I am to have her. I just don't want to make an mistakes.

Erica is excited and ready but I think she's scared also. We know nothing about raising a baby, and the fact that she's due any minute scares me.

I was too busy staring at the crib that I didn't feel arms wrap around me. I jumped and turned around.

"What are you doing here?"

"Stella told me that you needed some company."

"Yeah her company not your's" I said rolling my eyes.

"Stop being like that. But why are you crying." She asked wiping my tears that I didn't know was there.

"Do you think we are gonna be good parents?" I asked looking at the baby's crib.

She grabbed my hands and walked me towards the bed and sat me down, then kneeled infront of me.

"We are going to be excellent parents. I know even though we didn't work out and we are still really young you may think we aren't but we are going to be the best parents she has ever had. Our child is going to be loved and that right there is the most important thing. She's not going to want for nothing, I don't want you to be afraid that you're not going to be a good mother because you already are and you don't know it."

"How though Erica? I can't provide her with anything. You and my parents are the only ones that can provide her with anything. I'm just doing the heavy lifting.

"Just because you aren't buying her things don't make you any less of a mother. Materialistic's don't mean anything to a baby. All they want is love and nurturing, you doing an excellent job at that."

"I'm still in high school how am I going to handle taking care of a baby and graduating on time."

"It's a lot of mother's out here doing it and the only difference is their doing it alone but they still get it done. You don't have to worry about doing it on your own because I'm here with you every step of the way. You mess up then I mess up we have to raise her to be a successful woman together."