Prologue

I wrote this when I was 11-12 pls don't judge and technically I say it's no war, so the factions are still intact but some characters are dead and some aren't

ALSO if you like what you read here you should read my other books bc no one reads them and it makes me sad ;(( (they aren't divergent but i've written most of them recently so they're better than this lol)

There is also a sequel to this called 10, which I personally like better than this, but I'll stop and let u read now sorry

----

Tris

----

I woke up a stomach ache. I felt as if I would throw up. I ran to the bathroom and kneeled in front of the toilet just in time to retch for what felt like hours.

I heard the bathroom door open, and Tobias came in.

"How long have I been here?" I asked.

"Five minutes." He responded. "I guess I have to cancel the dinner plans?"

"Probably. I'm sorry." I said.

"Why are you sorry? Everyone gets sick." He rubbed my back and I threw up some more. I sat up and leaned against the wall.

"Because you've had the reservations for weeks." I said, apologetically.

"I don't mind. Come on. Let's get you back in bed." Tobias helped me change into different clothes and put me back to bed after I brushed my teeth.

I looked at the clock and it was 3 a.m. I couldn't sleep. I waited for Tobias to fall asleep, then I got out of bed and went to get my robe. I opened the wooden door and walked out into the hallway.

---------

Christina

---------

I woke up to the sound of knocking. It couldn't be morning already. I looked at my clock and it said 3:10. I reluctantly got out of bed. I walked to the door and looked through the peephole. Outside was a green Tris.

I opened the door and ushered her inside. "Are you okay? You look sick."

"I am sick and couldn't go back to sleep." She said.

"Come on. I'll make you some soup." I said. I may hate when people wake me up, but I know there is something Tris isn't telling me.

After I finished making her soup, I sat down on the couch next to her and put it on the coffee table. She reached for it. I handed her a spoon and she quickly devoured it. For a sick person she sure was starving.

Wait, what? Tris never eats anything when she is sick. She stays in bed and sleeps all day.

"You know how my biggest fear is...it's..." She trailed off.

"Yes. I know what your biggest fear is. What does this have to do with anything?" I asked.

"Well, that's not one of my fears anymore and...well, Four and I kind of..."

"What? When?" I asked.

"Two months ago..."

"Seriously? And you didn't tell me? But thank God. I thought I was going to have to give you 'The Talk'!"

She laughed, but then I asked why she came to me.

"Well, I've been getting sick a lot, I'm always hungry, and I'm gaining a lot of weight."

It took me a while to respond. "Pregnancy symptoms...crap!" I grabbed Tris' hand and we walked to the store.

I picked up three pregnancy tests and walked to the check out section. The cashier gave me a look and said, "Aren't you a little young for these?" He looked about 18.

"It's honestly none of your business." Tris said, rather loudly. The few other cashiers there looked at us. "Sorry." She mumbled.

We paid and he handed us the bag. We ran back to my apartment.

"When was your last period?" I asked.

Tris blushed and said, "About six weeks ago."

"Ugh! Take these." I handed her the tests and she walked to the bathroom. About seven minutes later a pale looking Tris came out.

"Positive." She whispered. She started crying and I wrapped my arms around her.

"I'm sorry." I said.

"He's going to leave me." She sobbed.

"If he leaves you after all you've been through together, he'll be sorry he taught me to shoot a gun." I said, jokingly.

Apparently, Tris didn't find this funny because she just cried harder.

"You can sleep here tonight." I said. I grabbed a few blankets and pillows and made a bed on the couch. "Go to my bed." I told her. After laying down for a couple minutes, sleep overcame me.