You Just Called Me Cute.

Start from the beginning

We are just finishing eating and are now heading to the animal shelter. I look over at Quiet and see that she is staring out the window.

I heard what she mumbled earlier but I chose not to push forward. "How much longer?" She looks at me and smiles, "We'll be there soon. Calm your booty down."

She stretches her body out and all of a sudden her phones start ringing. She looks at her phone and smile, "It's Owen, I didn't think he would call me this early."

I roll my eyes as she picks up the phone, "Hello... I'm with Ian right now..."

I block the rest of her conversation out and focus on the road. We are a couple minutes away from the shelter.

"Halloween is coming up. What are you going to be?" I look over at Quiet and see that she directed the question at me. I shrug my shoulders and look back at the road, "I don't know, Hannah, deciding for me and her."

"What are you going to be?" She looks out the window and smile, "I really don't know, Shane told me to be a nun." I look at her and start laughing, "Why a nun?!"

She shakes her head, "He said the other costumes are too revealing. But I can be a badass nun if you think about it." I look at her and see that she is dead serious about it.

I shrug my shoulders, "I can help you find one if you want me to come along." She starts biting her lip, "Yeah that would be fun, we can try on different costumes together."

I pull up in the animal shelter parking lot. Quiet rushes out, "Quiet! You have to at least wait for me!" She looks back at me as she walks into the shelter.

I roll my eyes and follow behind her, "Hey Ian, this isn't your girlfriend is she?" I shake my head no at Earl, "No Earl, she's a friend. My girlfriend didn't like it here, so I brought her this time." Earl looks at a smiling Quiet, "His girlfriend was so annoying I thought I would pass out."

Quiet looks at me and start laughing, "I believe that, but you don't have to worry about me being annoying." Earl laughs and opens the door to the back, "Have fun, Miss." Quiet waves at Earl and goes to the back. I follow her and she runs to the first animal she sees, which is a baby panda.

"Why do y'all even have a panda?" I sit on the floor and a baby tiger comes up to me. "Earl takes the weak and sick baby animals in and raise them to be healthy. When they are fully healthy, he sends them back to their homes. Their homes are usually zoos or to the wildlife."

The tiger cub rubs against me and lays on his back, I rub his stomach. "They are all so cute! Oh My God! I want all of them!" I let out a soft laugh, "Ah!! You have a snake! Why?! It looks fully healthy and grown!"

I look to see Quiet staring at the tree in the corner, "That's Greenie, Earl pet snake." She looks at me with a scrunch up face, "Why Greenie, when he is fully a brown snake? And why out of all animals he wants a pet snake?"

The snake starts moving towards her, "Ah! Keep it away! I don't like snakes!" I start laughing, "He doesn't bite, he's a spoil snake. And plus you are holding his best friend." She looks down at the panda and screams again, "Ah! Why the hell are they close?! No! What happens if the snake sneaks up behind me?! I don't want to put the panda down! He's too cute!"

I shake my head and she walks away from the snake, "Make sure he doesn't come for me." I shake my head in disbelief, "How long have you been coming here?"

All of a sudden a baby monkey comes up to me, I pick it up and it hugs my neck. "Since I was little, my parents would bring me here once or twice a week. I've never stopped coming here."

Me and him used to come here all the time together. "Ian?!" I look up at Quiet, "I called your name like five times. What's wrong?"

I shake my head, I drifted off thinking about him, that means it's coming up. "Nothing, I was just in deep thought." She looks at me seconds longer and then went back to playing with the animals.

"When do you want to go costume shopping?" Without looking at me she answers me, "Shane and them want to come along." I groan to myself, "It was supposed to be just me and you, Quiet."

She looks at me, "I didn't know if I knew that I wouldn't have told Lily and Shane." I let out a long sigh, "Let's go after we leave here." She nods her head as she takes pictures.

I stand up and dust myself off, "We might as well head back now." A pout shows up on her lips, "I'm going to miss my panda." She kisses the top of the panda forehead and put it down.

She slowly follows me out, "Come back again, Miss. I hoped you had fun." Quiet waves at Earl, "I did! I hope I come back soon!"

"I'll see you later Earl." He smiles at me and we head to the car. She puts her phone in my face, "Look at my cute baby. Isn't he so cute?!" I see a picture of her and the panda, I let out a soft laugh. "Yeah, you're both cute. Now get in the car, so we can meet up with everybody else."

She looks at me with wide eyes, "What? Why are you looking at me like that?" She stares at me seconds longer.

"You just called me cute."