Meeting Again

A/N I've been a little stressed lately, and this is a way to distract myself, so you guys get to benefit by having the next chapter come out earlier than usual! Yay! I hope you enjoy! Please comment, review, and vote!

A few months had passed since the mysterious woman disappeared from Undertaker's shop. Even though she had only been in his life for a few days, the odd demon remained quite clear in his memory. Every day, he woke up to thoughts about her and wondered if today would be the day she returned. He was in the midst of clearing out the excessive cobwebs in his shop when the door opened, signaling the arrival of live guests. He froze when he heard a familiar voice, despite the different tone it carried.

"Mastema, why have you insisted that I visit this shop? I see no use for this information, let alone how it could be remotely interesting." He decided to turn around with the usual grin he put up for potential clients.

"Hello, dearies! Welcome to my shop. How may I be of assistance?" His eyes would have betrayed his confusion if they had been able to be seen. Mastema was the same, but the woman with her was not his Amelia. This woman was a few inches taller with long, light blonde curls. She had fierce, golden eyes that looked like nothing would pass her notice. She looked nothing like the frightened woman who had entered his shop those months ago. The severe woman narrowed her eyes at Undertaker as she looked him over. The mortician kept his silly smile and looked right back at her. She raised an eyebrow.

"What exactly do you do here?" Undertaker chuckled, which caused her eyes to narrow even more as a tiny flash of recognition crossed her face.

~I do all sorts of things here, my lady. I clean up and prepare my guests for their big day, as well as make sure they are comfortable for their new stage in life.~ She took just a step or two closer towards him, and tilted her head to the side slightly, examining him closely.

"You are a rather unusual fellow. What is your name?" The mortician grinned even more.

~You may call me, Undertaker, my lady. May I inquire what your name is, lovely?~ A small combination of annoyance and recognition once again crossed her face.

"Raduriel will suffice." The crazy male giggled.

~Interesting. Raduriel isn't a common name around here. But, that is beside the point, how may I help you, Miss Raduriel?~ Raduriel continued to examine him for just a few more seconds before turning towards her servant.

"Why are we here, Mastema? You never answered that. You simply insisted that we come." Mastema blinked a few times as she looked at the mortician before finally coming up with a reason.

^You wish for information, my lady. This man may be able to help you. He also deals in such matters.^ Raduriel looked a touch surprised when she heard the explanation. She turned back to look at Undertaker with a raised eyebrow.

"Is that so? You failed to mention such a thing in your list of services." He smiled even more.

~It is a service that must be requested. I do not wish to risk the safety of my clients. I could handle those who ask too many questions, but I prefer to maintain the security of my shop.~ Raduriel nodded slowly and watched him as she thought. She looked away to twist a curl around her finger before facing him again to speak.

"What is the price of such a loyal informant?" He tapped a long nail against his lips as he thought for a moment or two.

~The price changes depending on the client and what I think they can offer me.~ He thought for a few more minutes, examining her as she examined him in return, before grinning once more. ~Since you are such an interesting being, how about this: a question for a question? I'll give you the information you wish if you allow me to do the same. Is that acceptable to you?~ Raduriel narrowed her eyes at the mortician before her. She wasn't used to being bargained with, and she definitely wasn't used to giving away information about herself.

"If I were to refuse that price, what would you suggest instead as payment?" Undertaker shrugged. He pulled out a jar of what appeared to be dog treats from one of the empty coffins that littered his storefront and pulled one out.

~I wouldn't know what else you could offer me that I would be interested in. So, if you refused that offer, you might just have to find a different person to get your information from,~ He took a bite from the dog treat, chewed and then swallowed before responding. ~and, I doubt you'll get such a generous offer from an informant of my caliber.~ It was Raduriel's turn to chuckle. Undertaker instantly smiled the moment he heard it.

"You really are quite interesting, Undertaker. I must leave and attend to other matters, but I will consider your oh so generous offer. Perhaps we shall meet again." Undertaker bowed slightly to her with a grin.

~I shall eagerly await your return, dearie~ Raduriel smiled just a little bit before swiftly turning on her heel. She snapped her fingers to get Mastema to follow her as she left the shop without another word.

Mutual Friends of Death (Undertaker Romance)जहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें