Tomorrow's The Day(Ch. 17)

"Jo? Jo you gotta make a sound or something I can't see really well in here!" I quietly whisper/yell.

"Aria is that you?" A voice came from a few cells down.

I quickly ran over to her cell and opened it. "Ya it's me and it's a really long story that I don't have time to explain now let's just go- Jesus Christ what happened to you?" I gasp.

Johanna walked out of the cell with a busted lip and a black eye. She looked angry.

"Doesn't matter. Just give me the suit and let's go kill this son of a bitch." Johanna snatched the uniform out of my hands. She quickly pulled them and we moved out.

"So what's the plan Aria?" Peeta asked.

"It's been about a week since we escaped the Games so everyone is on high alert. The others are coming soon so we just have to hold the fort down until then." I say taking an authoritative stance by the prison doors.

"Hold up I'm here to bust a cap in the presidents ass not to wait for everyone else." Johanna said angrily.

"I know Jo but the three of us have no chance by ourselves. We have to wait for the rebels."

"She's right Johanna it's been like a week. They are going to be here soon and then we fight." Peeta piped in to the conversation.

"What we need to do is get some information one what's happening out there fight now." I say.

"And how do you suppose we do that?" Johanna asked rolling her eyes.

"Look at what we're wearing. We can get in to the technology room and see what's happening broadcasted. Plus I know the peacekeepers have a hard time keeping their mouths shut."

"Fine then let's go find the room." Peeta says making way for me to walk first.

It was a good hour before we actually found the tech room. It was crowded with workers who were trying to control the situation.

"12 and 10 are gone. 11 and 3 are rioting and 2 is moving in to the Capitol." One of the workers said as he was frantically working on the computer.

"The hospitals in 13 have been bombed. Any alleged rebels in 13 will be demolished by tonight." My breath caught in my throat my grandmother and Primrose (Katniss' sister) worked there.

"Any word on Odair and Everdeen?"

"No not yet. Mutations are being sent to 13 to find the escapees and kill them."

"How do we contain the riots and panic in the other districts?"

"We don't. We kill those who won't listen and if we can't we kill them all. The President has given orders that if the districts do not calm down then they will be destroyed."

Me,Peeta, and Johanna stood by silently as we listened. So much had been going on that we didn't even know about. The thought of Finnick not being able to come back killed me.

"What do we do now?" Johanna muttered.

"We wait." I answered solemnly. I began walking out of the room and out of the mansion. I didn't know why but I left my feet carry me as far away from that horrible place as possible.

"Wait for what." Johanna muttered as she followed.

"For us." A voice came from down an ally.

Katniss appeared along with Finnick from behind the building.

Peeta quickly ran over and kissed Katniss on the lips. I ran up to Finnick and hugged him as hard as I could.

"Jesus Christ how did you guys get here?" Johanna asked confused.

"Katniss we heard about what happened to the hospitals in 13. Were Prim and my grandma okay?" I ask quietly.

"I'm so sorry but neither of them made it." Katniss said looking down. I silently nodded and let a few tears spill over. I knew this would happen I just wish that it hadn't happened so soon.

"So what are we going to do?" Peeta asks holding on to Katniss.

"We hide away and make a plan for tomorrow. The other rebels are coming soon." Katniss answered and began to walk away showing us their new hiding spot.

Me and Finnick lagged behind.

"You didn't say goodbye." he said quietly.

"I couldn't. There were only so much more goodbyes I could handle. I'm sorry."

He grabbed my hand and kissed my cheek lovingly. "That's the last one. I promise."

I pecked his lips and smiled sadly.

"I love you." Finnick said squeezing my hand.

"I love you too." He stopped and looked at me wide eyes with a huge grin. I scoffed, "Please don't act like you didn't already know it."

He lowered his lips on to my mine. He wrapped his arms around my back bringing me closer. My fingers ran through his hair. For a minute. Just one minute, it didn't feel like we were in the middle of a war. It felt like we were in our own personal safe haven. We pulled away.

"Tomorrow's the day isn't it?" he said.

"Yep. Tomorrow's the day."

The real beginning of the end was tomorrow.

A/N: Sorry for the short chapter it's kind of a filler. I think the last chapter will be the next one. Get ready for some real shit to go down.