We're A Team Now (Ch.11)

"You have got to be freaking kidding me? What the hell is going Garette?!"

"First of all it's Gale. And second of all do you need me to play you the video again because I think Haymitch made it pretty clear what's going on." Gale said crossing his arms over his chest and raising an eyebrow.

"Sorry for being rude but almost dying kinda frazzles a person." I say rolling my eyes standing close to him mimicking his motions.

"Nice job in the games by the way. I didn't realize why every guy in the games was to obsessed with you but after seeing this in person," he pauses to motion towards me, "I can see why."

"Glad to see that your so open with people you just met."

"I'm usually not but you and I are going to spend a lot of time together so we might as well get comfortable now." He said walking past me and sitting on the bed.

"They said that we're on our way to District 13. I don't get it. 12 is the last district."

"I thought the same thing but no, when the rebels attacked 75 years ago, 13 separated from the rest of us. The specialize in nuclear weapons."

I bit my lip uneasily.

"What's wrong?" Gale asked obviously seeing my uneasiness.

"C-can we," I pushed a piece of hair behind my ear and looked down, "Is there any way we can um.. go to 10?"

"Aria.." Gale started getting up and walking towards me.

I started backing away shaking my head, "No I'm sorry it was a stupid question. No one can see us it was a bad idea I'm sor-"

He grabbed both of my arms and look me straight in the eyes, "Aria it's not a stupid question. I'm sorry but we can't go to 10 because 10 doesn't exist anymore. Neither does 12."

"What?"

"Aria I'm so sorry. I tried to go to 10 and find them but everyone said they disappeared years ago. I'm so sorry."

I nodded my head. I expected this. They were dead. I hadn't seen them in 6 years it was stupid of me to think that they were still alive after what I did.

"It's okay. I knew that. I shouldn't have asked." We stood there in comfortable silence before I asked another question, "Gale what exactly am I suppose to do at 13? Gale what am I even supposed to do for the rebellion!? Gale I have no idea what I'm supposed to do! I was suppose to die! Katniss was suppose to do all of this! Gale-"

"Dear God Aria shut up! First you don't know my name and now you can't stop saying it. Aria we're going to be fine. At 13 your going to talk to the people and your going to talk to President Alma Coin. You're going to get the people passionate about this. They have been looking to you for 6 years. You need to talk to them. They don't participate in the games. You are the only reason they will help us to rebel."

I breathed heavily taking in everything I was hearing. After calming myself down I found myself thinking of Finnick. Finnick. He was still in the games.

I felt like throwing up.

I left him in there. 

"I'm worried too." Gale's voice came softly.

"For who?"

"For Katniss." He paused and looked away from me. "And Peeta too I guess."

"You love her don't you." I say staring in to his blue eyes.

'It doesn't matter.She's bound to Peeta. She loves him."

"Gale. I don't know much about love but I do think that we all have someone. You think Katniss is the one for you right now but she isn't. Peeta is her person. You have to find yours. I know it really sucks right now but you'll be fine."