five

five.

Location: 221B

"John, the stove is burning."

Location: Arabella's work

"Mr. Watson-"

"John."

"John, I don't think its appropriate for you to come to my work and ask me such things."

"I've just asked what shades are your skin."

"Well look at me John, I'm brown."

"That's not what I mean-"

"Look, I've got to bus home and I'm going to miss my transport, we'll talk another time."

"Come on, we'll taxi home."

Sam said she wasn't allowed to spend cash on the taxis.

"I can't-"

"I'll pay."

She looked up at him and sighed, "fine."

He escorted her to the street and hailed a taxi. She was freezing cold in the autumn air. Today wasn't a good day to wear the outfit she wore. An above knee jumper skirt with a orange long sleeve underneath.

She slid into the taxi and Watson took his time to examine her. Yes, Sherlock was the genius, Sherlock was the extraordinary, but Watson was a regular man, so he knew regular man situations.

Sherlock only thought of murder, he looked at life through his deductions, Sherlock didn't play poker, Sherlock didn't see what Watson saw.

Sherlock didn't see that Arabella was getting beaten to a pulp everyday, but Watson was onto it.

Watson saw the makeup on her legs and chest and knew she was hiding bruises. Sherlock saw it as well, but she was so beautiful, so kind, he would never dream that someone would possibly hit her. So when he asked why and she said that she wore makeup to hide beauty marks, he believed her.

But John had a sister, he knew the signs.

She was never eating, it was cause Sam called her fat and ugly, Sherlock thought she was just suffering from some type of eating disorder, John saw that she was being starved.

Sherlock and Watson were two halves of a whole, and Watson saw that his friend had fallen, and that meant that she was now under John protection.

And she was getting beat.

When they came up to their houses, Arabella saw something that made her heart jump.

"Hi Sam, I thought you were at work."

"Some guy was texting Greg and solved the case without even being there. Dead women and there were three wrappers in her hand, I still don't know how he did it. That guy is such a prick, why couldn't he get off his ass and come to the scene, I suggested that the killer must've dropped it after strangling her. Greg told him and he told Greg to tell me to stop talking that, my IQ was hurting his thinking.