3#One rainy evening

Days passed under my helpless hand and his sole struggles of low moans and sudden: shivers,whimpering and groaning at times .
But, I had a hope
A ray of hope of seeing him getting well as the days goes by , nevertheless his conditions turned from bad to worst.

Then came one rainy evening caskets of grey clouds blurred the sky above our village ,which gave me the very feeling that an 'Angel of Death' is coming to take away my friend away tonight.

I entered his home and my heart suddenly throbbed to see him laying in the veranda whimpering, shaking and holding his stomach tightly.

I searched for some food and found a banana and gave him to eat.
He ate it , yes he ate with all his efforts but after sometime ,he puke it out all.
But, now he was able to speak : "Friend ,even if I die also, please don't cry for me, for I will find peace conquering all these sufferings and tell mom and dad to be happy because I will be seeing Heaven before them."

My eyes was filled with uninvited tears but I told him boldly
"No ,never say that....I promise... I will personally take you to hospital and I will save you.. my friend..."

After a long pause his sickly face lighted up and whispered slowly .
"If so,why don't we go for one last adventure,this time not to jungles but to the hospital with you carrying me ok.."?
I burst out laughing and this means, we have made the secret deal of our childhood days , where we disappeared to deep jungles to trekked,fished and hunt by only leaving a piece of written note to our worried parents about our mischievous plans believing it as an act of courage and bravery.

So I bid him goodnight and ran to my room ,packed up and tore a piece of paper to write and leave a message about our last adventure to the hospital, for my parents.
And I knew he will will be doing the same...

And I slept..