More power than Olympus..

*EDITED*

Somewhere near the empire states building:

"Tell me why we're going to spy on the Olympians... again?" Leo asked Percy, doubt clearly evident in his voice.

"Well," Percy replied. "We need to know what the gods are planning and why they tried to kill us. I mean, I know I piss most of them off but killing us is a bit extreme. Also, they might know something about our powers."

3rd person POV

Minutes later, the two boys arrived at the empire states and walked into the security guard who was too busy to see that two crazy adolescents were walking into him and spilling hot coffee on him.

"Sorry", one of the boys said to him. "We should really pay attention to where we're going." As he said so, a black-haired boy helped pull him off the floor and handed him some tissues.

"We'd better get going," the black-haired boy said, as both boys slowly wandered to the elevators. The security guard, however, was too busy cleaning himself to realize that his elevator key was gone. And so were the mysterious boys.

Percy POV

'That was stressful', I thought as I slid down the walls of the elevator.

"Tell me about it!" Leo grinned back. For a moment, I was confused as to how he read my mind but then I remembered our strange powers. Our renewed old powers and new powers got me thinking on how we got them in the first place.

"Hey Leo, do you wonder where we got our powers from?" I ask him. I know he's as curious as me and I could feel something inside me that urged me to use and practice them.

"I....." Leo was just about to speak when three bright flashes stunned us into seeing black spots. There stood the fates, Clotho, Atropos and Lachesis, in all their creepy old lady style. They stood there, all three breathing in harmony in a very enclosed place next to me and Leo, who had a mischievous look in his eyes that I knew was going to get us killed.

But before I could tell him to shut up, Clotho spoke.

"I would think about what your next words are Leo Valdez," she rasped, extending a crooked finger at Leo. "Though we do not hold your life threads within our hands, we have been told of the path that you will both follow and what lays upon it."

Atropos continued, "that is why we have come to aid you in some ways. I am warning you; this will be painful."

Lachesis finished the speech of the three sisters with a conclusive yet demonic grin, which was very out-of-place on her haggard and leathery face. This however, just added to the weirdness.

Unable to reply and in a state of shock, we stood there, like complete idiots as they shot a pure white beam at us, splashed with inky black. This was going to hurt, a lot.

The pain hit me as soon as the light touched my stomach but didn't stop. The light pierced my skin and cut through my stomach as easily as cutting air, leaving only searing pain and the hope of it ending soon. That never happened though as wave after wave of pure agonizing pain rolled through me, like violent waves.

I couldn't help it.

I screamed.

My scream was mirrored by Leo who I assumed was next to me. He was writhing on the floor. As the bright lights of the elevator were dashed away by the coming darkness, I thought to myself, why were the fates so cruel?