Chill Picnic

"Ugh, I have so much work to do," I muttered to myself. School was hell and torturing me with work that I don't have free time to relax. With added projects for the schools science fair next week, I felt even more stressed and tired.

"Hey, (y/n)! Get down here this instant!" I hear my mother calling me from the living room. She's likely upset about the chores that I didn't do yet.

"I'm coming, mom!" I yell back. I rush down the stairs from my bedroom. Turning from the stairs, I see someone  at the door. A man with curly hair and cute nerdy glasses stands there, looking a little confused. "Oh, hi Mark." He waves back with a smile.

My mother pulled me to the side and whispered, "Who's the cute friend you got there?"

"I guess I forgot to tell you that I'm hanging out with Mark for a short while," I said.

"Don't you have something to do? Like your important science project?" she asked.

"Stop worrying, mom. It won't be too long." I ran back upstairs to get my phone. As I made my way to the door my mom said, "Be back home before dinner, alright?"

"Of course, I will." I closed the door and followed Mark onto the pathway. "Where are we headed?" I asked, curious. "Also, what's in the basket?"

"You'll find out soon enough," he said, cheekily. I replied with my tongue sticking out of my mouth. We continued walking until we reached the park. The sky outside was sunny with many clouds in the sky. I really hope it doesn't rain.

There were a few children there playing with the fallen leaves of the oak tree. We went over to a shady tree next to the playground. Is it what I think it is?

He took out a blanket from the basket and layed it onto the grass. I just stood there, stunned. "What? Don't you want to sit down?"

I continued to stare at him open mouthed. I probably looked like a complete fool. "Is...is this a...date?"

Mark just shrugged his shoulders. "I guess you could call it that. But, no. We're just here to eat some food and...you know, get away from our problems for whatever time we have left."

"Well, it wouldn't hurt to try some food." I sat down on the blanket next to him. He pulled out a couple of sandwiches, a bag of potato chips and two cans of beer. "Do you want the tuna one or the PB&J?"

"Are those the only options?" I said, raising my eyebrows.

"They were all I had in my kitchen so I had to improvise."

I took the PB&J sandwich from his hands. "Great choice!" he said. I took a bite of the sandwich while opening the bag of chips. "Mmmm, this is pretty good." My mouth was stuffed so my sentence came out muffled.

He smiled with joy. "I'm glad you liked it. (Y/n)...what was it you were talking to your mom about some project...?"

"Oh, its nothing. I just have quite a few school things that I have to get done before deadlines. No pressure."

"Aww, that sucks."

"Yeah, if only they could all just disappear or i just forget it all and..."
But before I finished what I was saying, he pulled me into a kiss. I   kissed him back, our lips locked together. Everything became a blur of colour, and my thoughts became a crumbling sand castle at the beach. Finally, I pulled away from him for a breathe, our faces still close together.
"What was that for?"

"You got what you wanted. Something to clear your mind off things," he said, with a sweet smile.

I was going to kiss him again, but I said, "You taste of tuna sandwich. Here have a mint." I pulled a box of mints from my pocket.

Mark chuckled. "Do you always carry that around with you?"

"You're never going to know when you end up in situations like this." I replied, popping the candy into his mouth. My phone suddenly vibrated, it was my mom messaging me.

"Sorry, I gotta go before my mom gets mad at me. I'll see you around?"

"Its a date!" Mark yelled as I hurried back home.

---

{A/N: its -a bit- longer this time yay! Hope you all enjoyed this story. There might be more to come. I am open for any suggestions and requests. See you in the next one...buhbye! }