deep and all

PREVIOUSLY ON LIVING IN LONDON

I was rinsing the conditioner out of my hair when I heard the soft click of a door and froze. Surely I was just imagining things. I mean, my door was locked.

Wait... did I lock it?

Shit.

I quickly rinsed the rest of my hair, trying to convince myself I was just hearing things. I closed my eyes to avoid them stinging later on and I heard another door click. Snapping my eyes open, I saw a silhouette moving on the other side of the thin white shower curtain.

Fear climbing into my chest, I quickly searched the toiletries shelf in the shower for a possible defense weapon but I came up short. Cursing myself for not deciding to bring my razor to shave my legs in here tonight, I reached for the shampoo bottle and decided that if it came down to it, I could throw pretty hard.

The shower curtain was pulled back and my fear flooded away immediately when I saw Harry standing on the other side, a towel wrapped around his waist.

"Harry!" I gasped, holding my hand against my heart. "You nearly scared me to death."

With a smirk, Harry climbed into the shower behind me and closed the curtain again. Leaning over my shoulder, he leaned close to my ear and spoke in just a whisper. "I guess I'll have to make it up to you then."

I smiled. A perfect way to end a perfect night.

---

Something was wrong. Harry has been quiet lately. I don't know why, though. If anything, he should be extra bubbly. We had two more concerts left and so far every single one we've already done has gone fantastically, for both myself and the boys.

So I can't work out why he's so serious all the time.

"Hey," I said, joining him on the couch.

"Hi."

Well alright then.

He was staring at his phone, ignoring me completely. Niall was sitting in a swivel chair by a desk, twisting from side to side slowly. Louis was flipping through a magazine. Zayn was plugged into his headphones. Liam was typing away on his phone. Basically, everyone looked bored out of their brains.

With a sigh, I stood up and left the room, heading to my own. I couldn't help but feel like I'd done something to Harry. There had to be a reason he was acting the way he was, all quiet and brooding. He wasn't being cold to the other boys though, so I couldn't work it out. Just the other day we were both happy, but now... now something was up.

I pushed open the door to my room and fished through my handbag for my headphones. I might as well kill some time before we had to leave for soundcheck. Before I found them, something else caught my eye.

A pale pink sticky note was stuck to my mirror. It was sort of to the side, not demanding direct attention, but still enough to make me curious. I crossed the room quickly and plucked it off the glass, reading it quickly.

You want this to be over, don't you? I'll be in the alley behind the hotel all day. Don't waste my time.

Tick, tock.

Without hesitation, without even thinking, I balled the note up in my fist and left my room, walnut quickly like I was on a mission. The hall of the hotel was unusually empty. I skipped down the stairs, taking them two at a time, all the while trying not to fall.

This could be it. This could finally be over. They could tell me what they want and I could give it to them and they can stop stalking me.

In the back of my mind, however, I kept remembering something. I kept flashing back to when I first moved in and I first met Niall, Zayn and Liam. We were watching a horror movie and I kept tv king about how all those girls were too stupid to live. How they would knowingly walk right into a big, abandoned house all alone and then they'd be surprised to see the guy with the hockey mask and meat cleaver.