A territorial girlfriend

I paced back and forth in front of where Louis and Harry sat on the couch watching me stress.

"What if they don't like me?" I said for the tenth time. Harry sighed and pulled me onto the couch between him and Lou.

"They will."

"But what if they don't?"

"Why wouldn't they like you, Ariadne?" Harry said. I leaned my back and head against Louis's arm and shoulder and lifted my legs onto Harry's lap. I got a bit distracted when he began tracing patterns on top of my thigh through my jeans.

"Er, I'm sorry, what was the question?" I said, blinking a couple of times. I felt Louis's breathing hitch a little and I assumed he just refrained from snorting. If the smirk on his face was any hint I'd say I was right.

"Why wouldn't they like you?" Harry repeated with a smile.

I hesitated and shrugged. "I don't know much about you guys?"

"Have you YouTubed us?" Louis asked. I blushed and nodded.

"I've heard your songs, seen all your X Factor stuff and some interviews," I admitted quietly.

Harry grinned at me. "Have you seen the Video Diaries?"

I laughed and nodded. "Am I the only one who heard the double meaning of 'girls who eat carrots'?" I asked and Louis and Harry laughed loudly.

"Originally I didn't mean it like that- I only realized when Harry pointed it afterwards," he chuckled. I tilted my head back against his shoulder to look up at him and I saw him exchange a glance with Harry. Harry lifted his hand off my leg and rested it awkwardly behind his neck.

"What time are they coming?" I asked nervously.

Harry glanced at the clock at the wall. "In about half an hour," he shrugged.

"What?! Half an hour?! I have to go get ready," I shouted. In my haste to get up, I tumbled off the couch and landed in a heap on the floor. Both the boys snickered and I glared at them. "What am I meant to wear?" I whined pathetically from the floor. Louis and Harry leaned forward so they could see me again.

"I told Eleanor to dress nicely," Louis told me.

"She's coming?! Great! Now I'm going to look hideous," I shouted hysterically. If they thought I was sane before they would definitely be rethinking.

---

I chose my favorite pink shorts and a black top, teaming them with some black converse. I tied my wavy hair in loose side ponytail and heard the doorbell ring. I panicked again. Maybe I should touch up my lipgloss again. Deciding against it, I took three deep breaths and left my room.

A tall girl had her arms locked around Louis. She was wearing royal blue jeans and a leopard print top. I was immediately glad I did the full-package makeup because this girl- who I'm assuming is Eleanor- is flawless. She turned to me.

"I thought they were having a boy roommate," she snapped.

Crap, crap, crap. A territorial girlfriend. Shoot.

"Uhh," I stuttered dumbly, opening and closing my mouth. She glanced at Louis, stepped in front of him and turned to glare at me.

If looks could kill...

Harry was staring at me, so to avoid Eleanor's glare I turned to stare back at him. He looked a bit hot in the light blue shorts and white v-neck he was wearing. Eleanor whispered something in Louis ear and he tried not to smile as he nodded. She noticed me watching them and I can honestly say that feared for my life.