11. Confrontation

A few days had passed since the encounter at the cabin, and I didn't want to admit as I walked beside Tab that I missed Clark

A few days had passed since the encounter at the cabin, and I didn't want to admit as I walked beside Tab that I missed Clark. My fingers aimlessly twirled the stone. It was cold, no longer filled with his peculiar warmth.

We made our way toward the cafeteria.

Earlier she'd demanded I tell her what had happened after dinner, but I neglected to divulge to her about the cabin and the kiss. As much as I wanted to tell her and have someone experience how terrifying this all was, I knew it would be better if she didn't know. The fewer questions she had the better. I didn't want her to be in danger.

I didn't even know if I'd skimmed the surface of everything that was happening, but I had never felt more alive. Every little piece of information intrigued me, and all the things Clark showed me only fueled my interest. My lips and cheeks tingled the longer I thought about it.

I was drawn to these discoveries, despite having the lingering fear of what I still didn't know. The small bits of information he had given me intrigued me, and the illusions and feelings only fueled my interest. It was as if my boring life had been flipped around.

We rounded the corner of the hall as we passed into the cafeteria, the bustling noises of other students echoing through the room. We entered the food line, and I picked up one of the brown trays, a plate containing a slice of pizza, and a bottle of water. Tab followed behind me before we exited and started for the direction of the table where we usually took our seats.

I felt a tap on my shoulder, and I slowly turned as a chill creeped up my back.

Standing before me, Andrea regarded me with a small smirk. Her eyes travelled my frame. "I have a warning." She tilted her head. "Stay away from my brother, if you know what's good for you."

I rolled my eyes. "He's the one that won't leave me alone, so you might want to try delivering that message to him instead."

Her eyes narrowed as she spotted my necklace. Her mouth formed into a line as she reached forward as if she were about to snatch it. Quickly my hand went up and my fingers wrapped around it defensively. "He gave that to you, didn't he?" Her eyes stayed wide. For a moment, she'd lost her cool. "He should have never given it away."

I shrugged and tried to keep my composure. "Again, take that up with him."

She grabbed my wrist, and I tried to yank it away. Her fingers were icy against my skin. I pulled again, but she was stronger than me. "Give it to me," she murmured. Her eyes narrowed as she stared at me. As soon as my head started to feel light, the crystal hanging around my neck became warm and the sensation disappeared. Was she trying to use the mental manipulation on me I had seen Clark and Alexander use before?

I smiled at her. "No. Now, let go of me, Andrea."

"Why didn't it work?" she growled. She glared at the necklace I wrapped my fingers around before she turned her eyes back to mine. "Give it to me," she spoke between gritted teeth.