Acceptance

The remaining weekend flew by rather well. I managed to pick up one the last few copies of < The Symphony Of Vogelchavlier 2 > , completed all my due assignments and updated my Hiroyuki Suwano playlists before the weekend came to an abrupt end.

I also spent a night at Meteora's house...

For whatever reason, that experience to me was nothing other than bliss. Time sure passes by when you are out there being happy...

And in no time at all, I myself at my seat during on Monday morning waiting for Homeroom to begin.

...

"Souta, hey Souta!"

I lowered the book I was reading onto my desk, coming face to face with Kou. His face suddenly changing from a wide grin to one of curiousity.

Kou currently bears the title of my best friend. Despite how rowdy and loud he always is, he does possess a
great heart towards his friends. His spiked black hair, dark green eyes and athletic figure has scored him with many pretty girls in and outside campus. Leaving me always wondering when will he decide to take a relationship seriously. However, Kou always quoted the same line: "They were too rough for me". Usually I would often find his relationship adventures strange and amusing, sometimes even outright hilarious.

Unfortunately for whatever reason, I was not in the right state of mind to entertain him today.

Or the past few days, for that matter.

...

"Emilia has gotten the top of class against, frustrating isn't it? How does she even manage to handle the daunting task of homework and revision."

...

I subtly rolled my eyes, while injecting as much interest as I could into my response.

...

"You have been pretty obsessed with her recently haven't you."

...

"Huh no no no it's not what you think."

Kou did a shooing motion with his hands as a sign of defense.

...

"Anyways you have been always talking about her results. How well did you do?"

...

"I... barely managed to pass hehehe."

...

Figures.

Kou suddenly pulled my collar towards him, causing myself to be caught directly into his gaze.

His expression was dead serious.

"Anyways Souta, since you managed to secure a top five placing for finals. I suggest we have a celebration!"

...

I looked away from him with a nervous smile.

"You are just looking for an excuse to party..."

...

Heaving a sigh, he lowered me back to my seat, then slumped back into his chair, facing away with a bored expression on his face.

...

"Hey its cool to just take a break ya know, is it really hard to spend a bit of quality time with your best friend."

But my idea of celebration is totally different from yours man...

...

I wanted to rebut but couldn't find the energy in myself to so.