The New Boss

Ivy Owen's ^^^Above

-Chapter 1

Ivy's POV

I woke up to hear my baby girl crying on the baby monitor "mommy" I get out of bed and head to Asia's room. I open the door to see her waking up and rolling around in her toddler bed. "Hi mommy's baby" I say picking her up and she starts rubbing her eyes.

"Are you hungry?" I ask her walking to the kitchen she nods, "cawke" She says while I sit her in her high chair my phone starts ringing. I answer without looking at the caller ID.

"Hello" I say into the phone taking stuff out to make breakfast for me and Asia.

"Ivy?" My bestfriend Ashley says into the phone.

"Yes Ash" I say mixing the pancake mix.

"I got the interview at Preston Consolidated!!!!" She screams into the phone.

I chuckled to myself a little bit because I can see her jumping up and down "that's great babes but let me finish making Asia breakfast so we can get ready." I say flipping pancakes.

"Okay I'll be home in an hour kiss my baby for me." She says then hangs up.

************

I'm on my way to take Asia to my mom so I can get to work, "Mom!" I yell walking through the house.

"Ivy if you don't stop yelling in my damn house!" My dad scolds me while grabbing his keys off the counter, then putting his shoes on. "Hi pawpaw's baby!" My dad says looking up at Asia, and she smiles and waves.

"Sorry daddy but I'm already running late for work where is mom?" I say sitting Asia on the floor and then I turned on the lion guard and taking her toys out her bag.

"Helping India get ready but how is my first daughter and grandbaby." He says walking over kissing my side temple and giving me a side hug.

I sighed "we're good." I say hugging him back.

"India come on before your late! That's good, so....." He says looking at me.

"Yes?" I ask because I know where this is going.

"Have you gotten in touch with her father?"

I sighed because every time this conversation comes up I dodge it and avoid questions only because I only dated the guy for 3 months and me being so naïve I gave him my virginity that's how Asia came about. I thought he used protection but I wasn't really paying attention either I guess you can say it was the heat of the moment. Afterwards we were like inseparable until the day I found out I was pregnant, I was terrified because I was only 18 and it was my first year in college and how Michael and my family would react, but when I went to tell Michael the news he was gone like he vanished in thin air. I was so heartbroken that I swore off love and so far it's worked. I told my family and they were a little disappointed in me and my dad and my brothers really wanted to take Michael's head off but I told them a little white lie.

"Hello, are you still there?" My dad says bringing me out of my thoughts.

"Um I have to go but I love you, tell mom Asia will be needing a nap in a few minutes and I brought her fruit snacks and her violet it's in her bag. Bye daddy." I say grabbing my purse and rushing out the door.

"Ivy Liana Owens we're not done with this conversation!" My dad yells as I get in my car and drive off.

***************

I get to work and headed to my office, I set my things down and grabbed my rose gold IPad and made my ways towards my boss's office.

I knocked on the door and heard a faint come in, walking in I noticed Mr. Mattson's office is empty like he was moving or something.

"Um sir where are your things and every one is ready for you in the conference room."

All he did was smile at me "I will explain everything in the meeting and you will get to see the new people." He says walking to the door, I nod and follow him out towards the conference room.

We get to the conference room where everybody is waiting for Mr. Mattson's speech.

I sat down in my original seat whenever we had meetings while Mr. Mattson sat at the head of the table but today he is standing. "Good Afternoon every one I know your all wondering why I called this meeting on Friday when we only have meetings on Wednesday's and Thursdays but I have an important announcement. I will be retiring and I'm letting my son takeover as C.E.O and my nephew as vice President." He says earning a few gasps and questions.

"Mr. Mattson when will we meet our new Bosses?" James asked

"They should be here any........" And he was cut off by the door where two figures walked in, and I seen him.

Michael Mattson and Asia's father

"Ladies and Gentlemen meet your C.O.O Xavier Williams and your C.E.O Michael Mattson." Mr. Mattson says to the conference room.

I gasped and he looked dead at me and all I saw was him disappearing without some much as a good bye, and I hear Xavier say "bro is that Ivy?"

"As my father just introduced I'm the new C.E.O and Mr. Williams here is the new C.O.O and we are more than happy to have such a wonderful group working for us." Michael says to the room.

"Yes so where are our assistants?" Mr. Williams asked making every one laugh.

"Okay Xavier your assistant will be the lovely Mrs.. Watson." He says point to Mrs. Watson in the corner .

"And you my son have the best very beautiful Ivy Owens." He pointing to me and I put on a fake smile.

"Okay I'm leaving and this meeting is adjourned." Mr. Mattson says and everybody gets up and is ready to leave.

Walking out the door I feel his eyes on me but I ignore it and made my way towards my office and as soon I sat down my phone started ringing.

"Hello" I say organizing my desk.

"Ivy you have to come to the hospital." My sister says through the phone.

I instantly started panicking "what! Why?" I say gathering my things.

"Asia has a fever so mom took to the hospital." India says

"Okay I'm on my way." I say getting up and running out of my office.

While trying to get to the elevator I run into Mr. Mattson, Michael and Mr. Williams.

"I'm sorry Mr. Mattson but I have to go." I say talking to Mr. Mattson and not Michael.

"Why?" He asked concerned

"My daughter has a fever and is at the hospital but I will finish everything at home and email it to you."

"It's okay go ahead Michael understands." He says giving me a hug.

"Thank you" I say stepping on the elevator.