Chapter 16: Awkward First

The carriages soon made camp during their journey to . . . The Cursed Woodlands. Of course they had to be journeying to the Cursed woodlands. Why couldn't they be traveling to the colorful woodlands? Or the peaceful woodlands?!

Right when the Sena stepped out of her carriage, Tybalt was the first to jump out and cling to Sena's arm. She had to stop herself from groaning at the attention. It was then though that from next to her carriage she saw Wallace walk out. The man waved to Sena and she returned the gesture. Lancelot then also came out of the carriage, he turned and looked to see Sena. She waved to him too. But, instead of any response all she got was an eye roll and him walking away from her.

That was . . . Unexpected.

From next to her she heard Rosa growl and rolled up her sleeve stomping after Lancelot.

That was weird.

Thankfully with the help of Winifred she was able to pry off Tybalt from Sena. When heading to the tents the soldiers set up, Sena was happy to find that she got one by herself. There's only so much crazy she could take.

Unfortunately, it seemed crazy didn't want her to sleep yet. There was a soft knock on one of the wood pillars keeping her tent up. Sena huffed and stood walking to her tent flap. Instead of a few other dark knights, it was Magnus at her tent.

Never mind, handsome is at the door.

Sena couldn't help the smile that came on her face seeing him.

"Magnus! What is it you need?" she said while flatting down her hair.

His lip twitched. Then his hand. He was deciding whether or not to smile. Winifred told him to smile, but it was just too painful of an action to attempt. Instead he kept his usual monotone face.

"May I come in?"

Sena nodded happily and stepped sideways to allow him to come in. The man stepped in and turned around to face her. From his belt he took out a small canteen.

"You will help us in serving the king as a tactician. I would hope you aren't tense." He tossed the canteen in his hand before handing it to Sena. "Chamomile tea helps with stress."

Sena smiled and held the canteen of tea to her chest.

"Thank you. Would you like some too?"

"Um, s-sure."

Sena went to grab two cups and poured the drink into the cups. She gave one to Magnus and then smelled her own cup. She tilted her head at the scent.

"There's a weird earthly aroma," she stated.

"I must of let it steep too long," Magnus quickly commented.

"Oh, well that's fine I'll still enjoy it. Thank you for your thoughts of my well being," she said while smiling bashfully.

She took a sip. It was definitely chamomile, but there was still a weird earthy taste. And it was slightly grainy?

"What do you think of me," Magnus suddenly asked.

Sena blushed at the random question. He looked at her with eyes tense. Focused on her and waiting for an answer.

"I can't really answer that, Magnus. I've only just met you." She looked down not able to meet his eyes.

"But do you find me attractive?" he demanded. Dammit, he needs to know if it was working!
"Oh, well of course Magnus, who wouldn't find you—"