Chapter 11: Flowers and Demons For a Perfect Date

Sena was currently in bed finishing the meal in front of her. Thankfully Haeven was sensible and listened to her request to not be bothered until she was discharged. After she finishes her meal she can finally get back to work. Hopefully all the maids did their job correctly with Bertha being a heartbroken mess.

            The door opened, Sena looked up to thank Haeven, but her mouth dropped as she saw it wasn't Haeven at the door.

            Why is another Dark Knight here?!

            He was standing by the door with a rather large bouquet of flowers in his hands. But, he wasn't looking happy at all. His face was looking every where but her. She specifically remembers this knight because he was falling in and out between being asleep and awake. He was definitely older than her, or maybe it's the bagged eyes and scruffy facial hair that made him look older. Also very tired.

            He grumbled something and awkwardly stepped forward.

            She saw him squint and glance past her.

            "Hello Sena, I brought you these flowers because I was worried about your health. I hope they brighten your mood. Give flowers to Paladin." He dropped the bouquet onto the bed.

            Behind Sena at the window of the room was Rosa holding posters telling Lancelot what to say. Sena got suspicious of what he was looking at and turned around, thankfully Rosa was fast enough to hide. But once she turned to glance at Lancelot Rosa popped back up.

            "Bow to Paladin." He bowed. "My name is Lancelot, a Dark Knight that serves as a tactician and assassin for the Dark King." He paused and squinted his eyes. "You," he murmured. "Thiw yad." He sighed and pinched his nose. "It's upside down," he said.

            From the window Rosa quickly corrected the poster.

            He took another deep sigh.

            "I wish to spend my day with you. And hope to relief the stress from yesterday. Pause and await for response."

            Sena didn't have any words for her current situation.

            Lancelot moved from foot to foot, clearly uncomfortable with the woman's current silence in front of him. Sena saw this and tried to smile.

            "Um, my name is Sena. Thanks for the flowers," she said.

            "Whatever," he mumbled.

            From the window Rosa threw a pebble that hit Lancelot on his forehead.

            "Ah! Fuck, that little!" he cursed.

            Sena turned around faster, and even though Rosa was able to move from out of view, she unfortunately lost her balance and fell down to the ground with the scream. Hearing the scream Sena attempted to stand up form the bed.

            Crap! If she sees Rosa out there with cards that'll make a bad impression for him!

            As if he already didn't make a bad impression already.

            Quickly Lancelot swept Sena off her feet and into his arms.

            "Y-You're still healing, is there any where you would like to go, Paladin," he stuttered. His eyes then widened at what he called her and recalled that Rosa told him to refer her by name. "I mean Sena."