chapter 13

Surrounded by darkness I start to shudder in fear. What is going on?  Where am I ?  As I ask myself these questions I faintly hear a voice in the distance. I can not  hear what they are saying nor can I tell who the voice belongs to. All I can fathom is the cold darkness around me.

"Chrissy,"

I turn my head in every direction trying to decipher which way the voice is coming from. it sounds familiar but I still can't work out who it belongs to.

"Chrissy,"

I hear it closer now but where in the darkness is it coming from?

Hearing the voice makes me want to follow it. It's like I'm drawn to it for some reason. My head wants to stay planted where it is in fear of the angelic voice leading me to danger but my body has other ideas. 

"CHRISSY"

The voice sounds likeit is right beside me now but that is not possible. I'm alone here. Suddenly  I feel as if my body is being thrashed around. It's like a force is rocking me forward and back but I just can't seem to break through the darkness.

I am starting to feel really depressed now and feel like I am about to give up and let the darkness take over completely.

Just then a spot of light opens up like at the end of a tunnel.I can feel warmth coming from within the small  dot of light.

"CHRISSY OPEN YOUR EYES NOW."

The angelic voice seems to be coming from inside the light. My legs start to move forward.

"No. no, no, no I need to stay here."

I feel the shaking again.

"NO, no , no, no, no"

"Chrissy baby open your eyes your fine, your safe just please open your eyes." Jared says from beside me. I know he is beside me I can feel him properly now.

I slowly open my eyes and take a look around. I'm in my room, in my bed with a worried Jared leaning on his elbow beside me. I look toward the end of the bed and Penny, He ry and the twins are standing there with a look of fear in their eyes. I start to sit up but a searing pain in my back stops me.

"Argh what happened to me?" I look to Jared for answers while cringing in pain.

"We were sleeping and all of a sudden your were wimpering and then 5ou started thrashing around.  I had to hold you down or you were going to fall off the bed. You started screaming out my name as if you couldn't find me. After that you started to calm down a bit and I thought it was over and you were just having a really bad dream. I was just about to fall back asleep when you screamed out in pain. Everyone came rushing in at this point to find out what was wrong. I was about to answer when I saw blood coming out from under you. I was worried that in my attemps to wake you that I scratched you with my claws without knowing but when I turned you to have a look, it looked like you had been bitten. Henry managed to stop the bleeding but more bites and scratches kept appearing. it was like you were being torn apart right in front of me and I couldn't do anything to stop it. All of a sudden you went completely still. We have been trying to wake you up now for 2 hours. Your skin was ice cold. It was like you died. Jared explains to me with tears in his eyes. as they spilled over his cheeks his pain became evident. I used my thumb to wipe them away.

"What happened Chrissy?" Henry asks.

I explained the dream to him and all the darkness to the point that I woke up. I still can't believe that this could happen in a dream. A chill runs down my back. Now I am too afraid to try and sleep.

"Since its 8:00 in the morning I think I am just going to stay awake now. I don't think I could sleep anyway." I say to everyone. They all just nod and start to make their way back to bed.