chapter 9

I  open  my  eyes  and  for  a  few seconds  I  believe  that  I  had  fallen  asleep  in  the  car.  That  was  until  I  roll  over  and  realise  that  I  am  on  a  bed  and  all the  memories  come  rushing  back.  I  can't  believe  that  I  have  found my  mate  and  that  he  actually  wants  me.    I  look  around   the  room  just  taking  it all  in  again. I  look  up  at  the  glass  ceiling  and  the  sky  looks  like  it  would  in  a  painting.  There  are  shades  of  pink  and  purple  mixed  in  with  the  usual  reds  and  yellows  of  a  picturesque  sunset.  I  sit  up  and  strech  my  arms  and  back  which  are  stiff  from  my  nap.

'Knock  knock'

I  turn  to  the  door  to  see  who  it  is.  Jared  walks  in  and  my  breath  hitches  in  my  throat.  He  is  so  hot. 

" Did  you  have  a  nice  nap?  When  you  are   ready  head  out  to  the  backyard.  We  are  having  a  welcoming  party  for  you  and  your  family  and   I  wish  to formally  anounce  you  as  my  luna."  Jared  asks.

"Sure  just  give  me  a  minute  to  clean  up  then  I'll  be  down  and  the  nap  was  very  peaceful.  I  haven't  slept  like  that  in  forever."  I  say  starting  to  move  from  the  bed.  I  head  into  the  bathroom  to  take  a  shower  so  I  can  feel  nice  and  fresh  after  travelling.  I  set  the  temperature  to  the  perfect  temperature  and  hop  in.  I  use  the  warm  water  to  relax  my  tense  muscles  and  then  find  some  shower  gel  to  wash  myself  with.  Once  I'm  done  I  hop  out  and  dry  myself  using  the  towels  that  are  stocked  in  the  bathroom.  They  are  so  soft  and  fluffy  that  I  just  want  to  wrap  it  around  me  and  walk  around  in  it  forever.  I  know  the  only  person  that  would  enjoy  that  would  be  Jared.  I  shake  my  head  at  my  thought  and  move  into  the  closet  to  pick  out  an  outfit.  I  choose  an  off  the  shoulder  dark  purple  dress  and  match  it  with  my  purple  sandles.  I  must  remember  to  thank  Penny  for  these  as  she  picked  them  for  me.

I  head  downstairs  to  where  I  can  hear  the  sound  of  voices   travelling  towards  me.  One  voice  stands  out  above  the  rest  and  I am  no  longer  in  control  of  my  feet.  The  closer  I  get  to  the  door  to  the  backyard  the  more  nervous  I  become.  Im  standing  at  the  door  looking  out  at  everyone  and  they  all  seem  genuinely  happy.  I  guess  I'm  just  worried  that  this  pack  would  be  if  not  the  same  as  my  old  pack  worse.  I'd  hate  to  see  what  they  think  of  me  when  they  hear  my  story.

"Chrissy  can  you  come  and  sit  with  us  please.  Penny  and  Henry  will  be  out  in  a  minute  and  we  are  all  alone." Lacey  asks.  I  notice  that  she  is  looking  around  nervously.  The  scared  look  in  the  twins  eyes   made  me  angry.   The  anger  at  what  tnat  pack  did  to  me  is  nothing  compared  to  the  anger  I  have  now.   Something  snapped  inside  me  when  I  think  of  what  they  did  to  the  two  little  girls  in  front  of  me.

Suddenly  a  rage  like  no  other  starts  to  boil  beneath  my  skin.  At  the  same  time  the  wind  picks  up  and  starts  to  blow  dirt  around  the  backyard.  Just  as  I'm  about  to  let  out  a  scream,  I  feel  arms  around  my  waist.

"Sweety  you  need  to  calm  down  please.  You  aren't  ready  to  let  yourself  get  like  this  you  can  hurt  yourself.  Please  calm  down." Penny  says  in  a  worried  voice.  I  feel  another  pair  of  arms  round  my  shoulders  and  I  can  tell who  it  is.  But  it's  not  the  arms  I  want  to  be  in.