chapter 10

Chapter 10

I open my eyes and I'm suddenly feeling very nervous. Jared who is still sleeping next to me feels the change and slowly starts to stir. He pulls me closer to him and sighs.

"It's too early. Try to go back to sleep." He says with his eyes still closed.

"I can't. I'm too nervous about talking to Penny and Henry. Do you think they know that I need to?" I ask worriedly. Jared opens his eyes and looks down at me.

"I think they know a lot more than what they say. I know that they absolutely adore you, I just can't figure out why." He says scrunching his fore head in thought. I lift his hand and hop out of bed. I move to the closet to get dressed for the day because I know that I won't be going back to sleep any time soon.

I make my way down the hall so that I can have some breakfast before I talk to my friends. I need to know if what I have pieced together is true or if it's just my imagination. I decide to just have cereal today. I just feel like something quick because I need to do this before the twins wake up. Finishing my bowl of fruit loops and put my bowl in the sink. As I walk through the doorway I crash into Jared. He is that solid I nearly fall over at the impact. Just as I was about to hit the ground, I feel arms around my waist and pulling me back to standing upright.

"Whoa slow down there speedy Gonzales." He says chuckling.

"I was walking you're the one that crashed into me by going fast." I say smiling up at him.

"Are you really ready for this?" He asks concerned.

"Not really, but I need to get it over with. They know something and I need to know what that is. Also there is an important question I need them to answer." I say.

"Would you like me to come in with you? For support that is." He asks me. I could see in his eyes he really wants to be there with me but he wants me to make the decision myself.

"I would love it if you came with me. Your right I will need the support. I don't think I'm going to like what I'm about to hear." I say moving in for a hug. He hugs me back and we start to make our way downstairs. Before going to Penny ad Henry's room I go to the twin's room. I peek in the door to make sure they're still asleep. As I open the door I look in and the twins are watching a movie with Helena's boys. We met them after the fiasco at the party. The twins really hit it off with each other. I wouldn't be surprised if at least one half of them don't end up as mates.  I know Clayton and Max will be great for the girls. They are already so protective of them. I close the door and turn around to head to Penny's door. Jared grabs my hand and begins to lead the way. I start shaking with nerves and just before Jared can knock Henry says,

"It's open come on in. We knew you would come to us today."

I walk in and him and Penny are already up and dressed sitting on the bed waiting.

I just stand there looking at them. I have no idea where to start. Penny looks over and smiles at me.

"Now Chrissy, I want you to remember that no matter what we tell you we are still the same people you met at the hospital and we want you to forgive us. Just know that we couldn't tell you any of this until you were ready." Penny says ringing her hands together.

Henry holds her hands in his and pats the bed for us to sit down.

"I guess we should start at the beginning." Henry says rubbing the back of his neck.

"It all happened 16 years ago. Penny and I were at my mother's house having lunch with my sister and her husband. My sister was just about due to have her baby. She and her husband were so happy together. We were all excited because we knew the baby she was carrying would be the one to lead us  through the great battle that is to come. Not long after we ate my sister's best friend and mate arrived with their young boy. The way he put his hand on her stomach showed us that he knew it was his mate in there. It is unheard of that a child of 2 can feel their mate before they're of age but these children were different. My mother came in from out in the yard and sat down at the table.  She asked us if we remembered what she told us when we were younger. She told us that we were all different from the others. You see my mother was a witch, and my father was a hybrid werewolf. My mother wasn't just a witch but the most powerful of all witches and my father was the ruler of all wolves. As kids both Serenity and I knew we were different. I didn't have a wolf where she did and we both had powers from our mother. She said that others were going to start coming after us and that we needed to be prepared for what was to come. She looked at Serenity's friends and told them that they needed to stay far away or their fate would be tied in with ours but of course they wouldn't leave Serenity and Nathaniel alone in this fight. When I asked her who was coming for us she said all of them. The witches, werewolves and vampires who wanted to overthrow them to rule. I knew that I didn't have a chance against all kinds. I was considered a weakling. Serenity was the stronger of the two of us. The power that came from her anger was amazing. We finished our conversation and decided for the safety of all of us we would move back into mother's home.