Chapter 18

Its been a month since i’ve been put in here, and I was all alone. Harry, Louis, Niall and Zayn were all at home doing something. I didn’t know where Eleanor was, but Danielle and Liam hadn’t been here all day. Which is odd, because usually Liam’s always here. I’ve tried calling the boys, and none of them answered, which is odd again because if they see the hospital calling they pick up right away. Liam just goes straight to voice mail, and so does Danielle. I finally took to my common sense to try and call Eleanor. 

“Katie? Are you okay?” she asked me as I picked up. You could hear music in the background, so something tells me she saw me calling and took the phone call in the back room.

“Yeah, i’m fine. No one’s picked up their phones all day, I was wondering what was going on.” I said to her. 

“Really? Wait - Liam’s not there with you?” she asked me. 

“No, no one’s been here all day. Its just me. I’m kind of worried, not even Harry’s picking up my calls.” I said to her. 

“I’ll get out of work early now to stay with you, and also try and find out what’s going on, alright? I’ll be there as soon as I can.” Eleanor said, hanging up the phone. I sighed as I put the phone back down on the receiver.

“Everything okay?” my roommate asked me. Oh, i forgot to mention that. About two days ago or so I got a roommate, who was my age, named Allie. Niall went nuts for her, and she went nuts for him. She was in relapse too, for the same thing I had. Except she wasn’t nearly as bad as me. She lived in London with her mum. We got on really well, keeping each other company while our families were gone - even though I didn’t have a real family, but they were as good as. 

“No one’s picking up my calls, and its making me worried something happened to them.” I said to her, looking over at her bed. 

“Maybe their sleeping. But then again, Liam doesn’t seem like he’d leave his phone off, ever. Unless it died on him while he was sleeping.” she said. “Not even Niall’s picking up? Or Harry?” she asked me. I shook my head. 

“I started to get worried after Harry didn’t pick up. He always picks up. But I called Eleanor to see what was going on, and she’s supposed to be on her way.” I said to her. She was going to say something when the nurse came in and started to tell us that she was going to change our IV bags.

“Alright, Alexandria your food is in your bag for you. Oh Katelyn, your allowed to have solid foods now! I’ll be right back with your pasta, okay sweetie?” she said to me. I nodded as she left, looked at Allie, and we both made a face.

“ ‘Alrighty Alexandria, time to have circle time and sing kumbiya! Oh Katelyn, look at you, you’re not going to die this time!’ Please.” Allie mocked. This particular nurse didn’t call us what everyone else did - Allie and Katie - she insisted on calling us Alexandria and Katelyn. Even our name tags on the outside of our rooms didn’t say our full names. 

“Did I just see old lady nursey?” Eleanor asked as she came in the room. I laughed and nodded. as she took a seat between the two beds. “Did she call you Katelyn?” 

“Of course. Hey on the brightside, i’m allowed to have solid food!” I said to her, just as the nurse came back into the room. 

“Here you go Katelyn, pasta with sauce for you!” she said, putting my plate down on my table and leaving. I rolled my eyes as she left and started to eat my first solid food in months. 

“Don’t fork it down, Katie. If anything happened i don’t think Liam would let me out alive. I still wonder where they are.” Eleanor wondered outloud. 

“Hi girls! Hello Eleanor! Whoa there, Katie, look at you on solid food now! That must mean your test results have been coming in good.” our new-shift nurse said, who’s name was Rochelle.

“Hi Rochelle.” Allie said as I ate. Eleanor said hello also. 

“Hm... there’s usually more people here with you guys. Oh wait, I remember why I came here. I’m not on duty with you two tonight, i’m on with someone else.” Rochelle said to us. To bad, I like her. 

“Why did you come down then? Make sure we’re alive?” I asked her as I started to eat more.

“A message from Liam.” she said. I almost started choking on my food when she told me this. “Calm down there, Katie. Its not good news either. They’ve been up there nearly all day, all of them. Except Harry, heaven knows where he is.”

“What’s wrong with Liam?!” I shouted, growing worried about him. 

“Its not Liam, its Danielle. She lost the baby last night.”

***

can you say short crappy chapter?! but at least this adds a little something to the story. i was gonna put Harry in the hospital too, but thats to cruel so i didn't. but thanks for the ideas, and i'm at the point where i'm gonna use more of them, so keep them coming. 

also, PLEASE check out my other story, Island of Dragons! its a fan fiction about the HP series and it would mean the world to me if you read it.