Chapter 28

*two years later*

“Sissy! Sissy!” I heard the voice of my two year old sister calling me. She looked so cute today, in her little white dress and her hair bouncing as she ran over to me. I laughed at her as she came into my arms. “I missed you!” she said to me. She only saw me the night before at the rehearsal dinner. Oh yeah, today was my dad and Danielle’s wedding, and we were now at the reception. 

“You’re going to be with me and Uncle Harry all next week!” I said to her happily. After I turned 18, Harry asked me to move in with him and of course, I said yes. “Where’s Dimitri?” I asked her. She shrugged her little shoulders at me as she put her hand into mine. 

“Uncle Harry! Stop it!” I heard coming from behind me. Harry had Dimitri hanging by his feet down on his chest, and he was getting a kick out of it. 

“You said you wanted to be a monkey, so I made you a monkey!” Harry said to him as he continued to laugh. “Just don’t tell daddy, he might get mad again.” 

“Me next Uncle Harry?!” Brielle jumped. 

“Oi! Harry! What did I tell you?!” I heard my dad shout. 

“Funs over bub, Daddy’s caught me.” Harry said, now holding him the way he should be. 

“Sissy, can I have my milk? Please, please pleaseee?” Brielle asked, tugging at my dress.  “I’ll ask mumma first!” she begged. Danielle wants to slowly try and get them off of so much milk, because she wants to send them to daycare so she can get back to dancing and not have to rely on the rest of us. Needless to say, the two were practically deprived from the stuff.

“Sure, go ask her. I’ll be here with Uncle Harry and Dimitri.” I said to her, taking a seat at my table as she ran off. Harry took a seat next to me as Dimitri ran off shouting for Uncle Niall. “We’re in for it this week.” 

“Oh yes. Dimitri never runs out of energy, he goes nonstop. Brielle on the other hand is easier, she likes to be tickled and she likes to watch princess movies. I can deal with that.” he said to me, taking a small sip of his wine. I laughed at him as he brought my wine glass over to me and I sipped mine. Dad requested no beer be served, because we all know how drunk Niall gets so quickly. 

“Can you guys hold her for a minute? I need to use the loo and I can’t find Louis any where.” Eleanor said, holding their one year old daughter Nicole. Harry nodded and she was placed in his arms, and she adored Harry so she went right in. 

“Mummy said yes!” Brielle yelped as she ran back over here and climbed onto my lap. I laughed at her enthusiasm and let her reach over and take her milk cup and drink it. “Baby Nicole wants my milk...” she said. I laughed at her and saw Harry try to play with her and watched her giggle to. Seeing him play with her made me want to have a baby with him even more. 

We’d discussed this one night, when we were laying in bed. It wasn’t long after I moved in. He finally admitted to having seen me with Brielle at the hospital for the first time, when something clicked inside his head, so he said. The both of us want it even more now, but he said that he’s got it all planned how its going to go, and he won’t tell me anything besides the fact that we’re going to get married first. 

If Harry hadn’t tried to make me get up, I wouldn’t have noticed that Brielle took her milk and walked away, or that Nicole was back with Eleanor. 

“Is everything okay?” he asked me. I nodded to him and got up and went into his arms. “You seem down. Or are you just thinking again?”

“I’m thinking again.” I said to him, laughing silently at how he knew. He laughed and leaned over to kiss me on the lips.

“I love you, Katie. You know that?” he asked me. I nodded as I kissed his cheek back. 

“I love you too.” I said to him. One of my favorite songs, Beautiful People by Cher Lloyd, came on and I smiled. “I love this song.”

“I know. Dance with me?” he asked. I nodded and took his hand to go dance with him. I leaned my head against his chest as he danced us slowly around. 

“I can’t wait for my turn.” I said to him, looking up at him.

“What do you mean?” he asked, kissing my forehead. 

“I mean to do all this. Get married, wear the pretty dress, have the wedding of my dreams... then have two children as wonderful as my brother and sister. I just something to work out in my life.” I said to him as he gently kissed my temple. 

“Katie, how can you say things aren’t working out? You’ve got an amazing family behind you, and amazing friends. You’ve got me. If no one else is here for you, you’ve got me. I’ll give you the fucking world, Katie.” Harry said to me. 

“I know, and thats why I love you so much.” I said, leaning up a tiny bit to kiss the tip of his nose. He smiled down at me.

“I love you too, baby.” Harry said to me as he held me. The song ended and most people went back to their seats, but Harry kept me there. I looked around and realized that my family were the only people still around us and that Harry moved us into the center of the room and all eyes were on us. 

“Whats going on?” I asked him. He was holding my hands now and smiled down at me. 

“Remember when you said just before that you wanted it to be your turn?” he asked me. I nodded and he continued to talk. “Well, I think it should be. It should be your turn to shine, for it to be all about you. I’m going to give you that. You deserve the world, baby girl, all that and more.” He kissed my forehead again and I was starting to wonder what was gonna go on, until he got down on one knee in front of me with a ring in his hand. My breath hitched in my throat and my knees started shaking. 

“Harry.. oh my god..” I said to him. 

“Katelyn Marie Payne, will you marry me and give me the honor of calling you my wife?” Harry asked me. 

“Yes.” I said really quickly, without a thought. He smiled at me and slipped the ring on my finger before kissing me, as everyone clapped and cheered for us, but I didn’t care. RIght now, as corny as it sounds, it was just me and him kissing and sharing the most passionate kiss in the world. 

“Harold Edward Styles, I love you more then life itself.” I said to him.

“I love you too, Katelyn Marie Payne.” he replied back.