Let's be friends again, okay?

1.

"I'm sorry..." His incomprehensible meaning of his words whispers from his chapped pale lips and to his childhood friend's ears.

"Wha-What?" Midoriya Izuku  was rattled when Katsuki suddenly demanded his presence after school at their dorm rooftop. He thought Katsuki was going to fight him or scream at him for something Izuku did. He certainly didn't expect this.

"What do you mean 'what'? Are you deaf?" Katsuki spatted as a reply, his temper rising.

It's the same Kacchan, Izuku thought. So this isn't a dream.

"I just don't understand, Kacchan. What are you apologizing for?"

Katsuki made a shockingly surprised face, bewildered and then furious.

"Fuck, Deku! I'm saying fucking sorry for the shit I did to you when we were kids! The one I told you to swan dive off a roof or even fucking killing you during our battles so this is me apologizing, you motherfucker!!"

Izuku just couldn't believe him. There was no way Katsuki would even do this. He didn't have a grudge. He thought Katsuki knew that.

Maybe they could be friends again. Izuku smiled at the thought, like those sleepovers when they were kids. He missed those. Missed him. A warm feeling nestled in Izuku's chest.

"So that's that! I'm leaving!"

"Wait!" Izuku grabbed Katsuki's wrist. "You didn't get to hear me out. I didn't even said I would have forgiven you."

'I don't fucking care if you don't forgive me! I said what I needed to say but I don't care what your fucking problems after.", Katsuki jerked his wrist back.

"Kacchan! I want to be friends again!"

Katsuki froze. He had a constipated look, his brows knitted together and his eyes trembling.

"Kacchan?" Izuku was kinda worried that Katsuki was eerily quiet.

"I don't fucking understand." Katsuki finally replied, his voice quivering like he was holding back tears. "I did shit to you and you quickly forgave me, you need to stop being a saint to the people who don't deserve it."

"Kacchan! You deserve it, more than you think!!' Tears already on Izuku's face. He just can't believe that Katsuski would even think such a thing. "I forgive you, I truly do, so you should forgive yourself."

Izuku leaned on Katsuki's, wrapping him with a hug. It was more for his sake than Katsuki's. His heart beating so fast.

Katsuki slowly hugged him back, resting his hands on the small of Izuku's back. Izuku didn't say anything when he noticed Katsuki was shaking or when he felt wet on his shoulder. All he could do was rub circles around Katsuki's back, trying to comfort him.

It was like a dream come true for Izuku.

This was a day he could never forget.

The day he wished didn't happen...

The day he regretted what he asked next.

"Let's be friends again, okay?"

..........................................................................

A hero mission with Gran Torino and other agencies. Izuku was getting jittery before the mission even started. He was surrounded by other pro-heroes, the hero-to-be students scattered with their respective agencies.

"Relax, Izuku. You're going to be fine". Izuku mumbled to himself like a mantra, trying to come himself down when suddenly a hand smacked him behind his head.