23. Hot Brothers Looking

Start from the beginning

I shook my head and trailed towards the doors so I could come to class on time. On the way, I stopped by my locker to fetch my books, notes, and a pencil. Since the time where Anthony had helped me, there had been gossip about me and from time to time, people would send me weird looks. It was like high school all over again. When were people going to grow up?

An unknown student held the door open for me. I found a seat in the back and placed my crutches beside me and prepared for class.

Through the whole class, Anthony lingered in my mind and I even found myself writing down his name over and over again. What's wrong with me?

I sighed loudly as I made my way out of class and strolled down the hallway, heading towards my locker to get my physics books. I only had around 10 minutes and hurried as fast as my leg and crutches would carry me.

Before I knew it, I were sitting down in Mr. Van Heck's class and waited for him and the rest of the students to arrive so the class could begin and I would get closer to the end of this day and go over to Mrs. Greens diner and work.

The door slammed in after Mr. Van Heck stepped in and I took a deep breath before it all began.

Before my day in school was over, I had finished two assignments in the library, attended Engineer class with Mr. Connely and been to my last physics class of the day with Mr. Hamilton. Now I was on my way out of the doors and glanced over the parking lot. It was almost empty, but still, a few cars remained.

I sighed as I traveled down the stairs and over the parking lot, only to wander further down the street and towards the diner, there right now seemed far away. Luckily, it wasn't raining and the sun even peeked out once in a while, shining down on little me.

Green Diner was as homey as ever and as I stepped through the doors, a smile danced on my lips. "Nina!" Mrs. Green came out from the kitchen. "I've heard you got hurt this weekend," she exclaimed and hugged me and my crutches. How does she already know?

"Yeah, I fell and broke my leg. Nothing serious."

She lifted her brows as she removed herself from me. "Nothing serious? You could have hit your head violently and much more could've happened to you."

"But it didn't. I'm okay now," I said, wrinkling the parts of my body I physical could.

She sighed deeply and laid a hand on my shoulder. "Just take it easy today, okay?"

"I'll do as you say... Do you have my new uniform?"

Her eyes lit up and without a word, she sprinted out from the restaurant and out in the back. I was left stunned with my eyes wide and mouth hanging open, probably catching flies. I took the time to look around the semi busy diner.

As my eyes landed on a rather large group, my world froze. Five hot boys looked right my way, everyone with Martinez as their last name. One smiled, two smirked and the rest waved. "Hey, Nina, nice to see you again."

Anthony stood from his seat and jumped over Antonio and made his way over to me while swaying a hand through his silky hair. "Miss me already." He winked as he stood in front of me, his arms crossing over his chest.

"No, I'm going to work," I answered and glanced over his shoulder to see the four other Martinez boys peeking over their own chairs and following our conversation.

"Describe me in one word."

"Huh?" I looked up at him as he glanced out into the air. Was he serious? "You want me to describe you? In one word?"

"Yes please."

I rubbed my chin. "Bad boy?" I shrugged my shoulders as the words left my mouth. And later I opened my mouth again, because I found out it was two words, not one.

"I'm pretty sure that's two words. And besides, good guys are no fun." He caught my eyes again and smirked while tilting his head. I hugged myself. "Anyway, I hope I'll see you soon again."

He saluted before returning to his seat between Antonio and Fransisco. Or maybe it was Luis?

I shook my head and watched as Mrs. Green came running out from the back with a new and clean dress in her hands. She looked at it, as if it was her newborn baby.

"Here it is. I hope it fits," she said and laid the dress in my hands. My eyes glanced over it, taking in the lighter brown color and the now green colored name over the little chest pocket.

"Its pretty."

I looked up at Mrs. Green as she clasped her hands together. She swirled around one time, before stopping and flashing me a smile. "I knew you would like it! Now, go and change."

She pushed me out in the back, where a little changingroom where located. There were only space for 4 persons and it smelled worse than sweat and old food mingled together.

Five red lockets hung on the white wall, while a matching red bench were placed up against the opposite wall, where a pair of white tennis shoes were disposed. A picture of all the employees hung beside the lockers, right under a small toned window. I stood hiding behind Mrs. Green, but no one had commented on it.

I changed into my uniform as fast as possible and tucked my clothing inside my locker before walking out in the diner again.

Mrs. Green sang a song and filled a glass up with cold water. She glanced up at looked at me. She took in the dress, eyeing it carefully. "Hmm... very nice. And it suits you well."

"Thanks," I said and looked down at myself while straightening my new dress.

"Can you check up on table nine?"

I looked around and of course, table nine were possessed by the Martinez brothers who laughed and joked with each other.

I sighed. "Alright."

I made my way over to the table slowly and as I reached it, teen eyes roamed over my body, all with different expressions. "What's up, Nina. What happened to your leg?" Fransisco asked as he leaned back and swung his hands behind his head. 

"I fell." Fransisco nodded as an answer. "What can I get you?" 

"Wait, you work here?" Antonio asked, leaning over the table. 

"Yes." 

Weird he didn't get the hint by me wearing the uniform. 

"Oh, okay. Then I would like a cheeseburger with a coke, thanks," he said and leaned back in his seat, glancing over at the silent Anthony by his side. "What about you, Anthony? What would you like?" 

Anthony looked down at the menu. "I'll also take a cheeseburger, but without fries and with a coffee," he said and looked up, winking at me. 

Fransisco, Luis, and Manuel order the same as Antonio and I soon found myself being prepared to walk away again, however, Antonio's voice stopped me in my tracks. 

"I met your mother yesterday."

Well, fuck. 

...

The most effective way to do it is to do it. 

- Amelia Earhart