Pulled Apart

Dave's POV

I hesitated.

I was torn, so angry and broken by her words. I didn't know why, but there was something about her voice that seemed to flick a switch in my head.

She turned to leave, her slender back and her soft brown hair was all I could see. I didn't know if she was crying, it was really hard to tell.

I was hesitating, deliberating if I should run after her. I ran a hand to my hair, groaning in frustration. I paced around the hallway, whispering words to myself that I seemed like I was losing myself.

I felt eyes on me, turning my head I saw that Charles guy. He was still, his hands in tight fists. I had trouble telling if he was angry at me or Abby.

The look on his eyes, it was pure hatred and regret. I was even more confused, my brows in a knot as I watched him glare at me.

I turned my back on him, my mind switching into place. I had to get back to Abby, she was something that I didn't want to lose, yet I haven't found out why.

I quickened my pace, passing through every hallway I knew she walked by. I had to get to her, I need to know if she's alright.

My mind faded into Abby, her face close to mine while her eyes lingered on my lips. Her eyes were so vibrant when seen so close, her pink lips inches away from mine. I couldn't resist touching her skin, the contact felt so shocking that my skin felt alive by the small touch.

My mind was in a haze while I tried to scan the area, trying to find any signs of the lady. I grew impatient, slamming every door that I went by.

I saw someone by the door, walking to the exit of the building. Instantly, the brown locks were familiar. The slender back that swayed as she walked. I stopped in my steps, hesitating if I should talk to her.

I groaned, briskly walking to her. I took her wrists in my hands, gripping it tighter. I didn't want her to leave me again, I had to secure her.

Her eyes widened, face bumping into my chest. She still didn't recognize me, her hands trying to fight their way out of my grip. She struggled, knowing that I was stronger than her.

She looked up, surprised to see me again. Her blue eyes looked more breath taking with every second. I lowered my head, trying the impossibility of feeling her closer to me.

My head was in nowhere, heart pounding quickly as my eyes drifted to her lips, those were always soft and tempting to me.

I dipped my head, the overwhelming feeling of her lips in mine was inescapable. I had to, I needed to. It felt so dreadful not to kiss her, especially remembering what I did to her minutes ago.

My chest felt like it was going to explode once I saw her gaze on my lips. I felt hot fire on every part of my very being, the way she made me feel was bringing my soul to life.

The fire grew stronger, her lips brushing mine as I fluttered my eyes close and felt our lips together.

But then, the delicacy of her lips were suddenly gone. Her face a distance away from mine as I felt the fire inside me dulling to a smoke.

Hands in fists while my insides were filled with hot rage, I met the eyes of the person who pulled me away from the lady I was drawn to.

*****

Someone's POV

"It's nice to see you again"

I glared at the ground, avoiding his stare. He circled, intimidating me like a prey to it's predator. I knew that I wasn't afraid of him, but he made it seem like I was.

"I never thought you'd still be alive, after all that's happened" He snickered, mocking my existance infront of him. I finally had the courage to meet him, glaring with all my might.

"You don't scare me, so why don't you leave me alone?" I spat, hatred lacing with my voice. I wanted to punch the smirk that was on his face right now.

"You see, I'm not trying to scare you" He sat down on the edge of the desk, taking some papers and reading it like he was interested.

"I want to make a deal"

I drew my brows, confused to why he would bargain with me.

"What do you mean?"

He crumpled the paper in his hand, throwing it to the floor as he walked closer to me.

"You have feelings for the girl right?"

I staggered slightly, surprised by his statement. How the hell did he know abou that?

He smiled, taking in my weakness at the moment. " By the look on your face, I assume that you do have affections for the girl"

My hands tightened, turning into fists. "Leave her out of this, or I'll fucking shoot you like I should have done before"

He narrowed his eyes, either angry or afraid of my threat. "I'll leave her out of this if you promise to make a deal with me"

"Why can't you just leaver her alone? Why don't you want her to be happy with him?"

That seemed to anger him, slamming his fist down the table. He glared at me and I returned the action.

"Because her feelings for him will destroy his life"

I remained silent, staring at the rare view infront of me. He wasn't always known to tell the truth especially to me.

He composed himself, rubbing his hand as he stood. His face dead serious as he met my glare.

"If you will not help me, I will handle things my way. And trust me, I am not afraid to commit murder" He threatened, pulling at my strings of weakness again.

I knew that he had connections, it was so easy for him to kill her with just one snap of his fingers.

"You can start right now, I saw him finding her by the front exit. Stop them before he tries anything stupid."

He soon left, and I had no choice but to follow his demands.

I ran to the lobby, finding my way to the two. I stopped and breathed for a moment when I saw both of them, seeing Dave close to Abby caused my anger to resurface.

I suantered to them, bluntly pulling him by the shoulders and pushing him to a far distance from Abby.

He was startled, trying to figure out what was going on. After a few agonizing moments, he found his anger. He narrowed his eyes as soon as he found my glare.

I looked back at Abby, seeing her slightly upset by my interferance.

"Charles?"

*****

Hello peeps of wattpad!

Hope you enjoyed the chapter, this really turned out well in the end for me 😅

Munching on some fries right now, just had to say that they taste so good 😂

Anyway, Comment and Vote as always! Those little things mean a lot to me and they always make my day complete 😊

That's all for now! See you in the next update 😉

Lots of Love ❤
-Author