Deep Longing

Dave's POV

I rushed out as soon as the elevator opened, pushing open the door to my office.

I had a feeling that Abby wasn't handling things well.

I didn't know why or how, but I just felt it.

That gut feeling when you know something's wrong, or rather guessing she bumped into trouble while I was gone.

If she happened to bump into my father, then it would be chaos. He wasn't one to handle women I met very well. He was sort of naive and always atrocious when it comes to having a conversation with them.

I saw what happened between her and my sister, I just didn't have the guts to stop Melody from hurting her.

I mean she always tells me everything  I needed to know.

She never once lied to me.

And so does my father.

But why was there something that wasn't seem to be clicking into place, someone lost and out of place in my life, like Abby?

The moment my eyes met her amazing ones, there was a dull feeling from my thoughts that suddenly drew close to remembering.

And that moment, once she wrapped her arms around me, I felt an overpowering sensation like sparks running up her arms and connecting to my body.

I flung the door open.

It was a sight to see, not really what I was expecting, but my office was empty.

I squinted my eyes to the door leading to Abby's office, seeing it slightly open.

I came in closer, grasping the cold knob on my hands. I heard voices, both familiar to my hearing.

I pulled the door wide.

I backed away, seeing my father standing infront of the door. "Father, I never thought that you were aquainted with Abby" I said, glancing to Abby who looked pained and desperate to see me.

Was she crying?

"Actually, I told her to handle her job seriously since you always have a hard time finding the right secretary for you" Father said, shifting in his position and blocking my sight from Abby.

He smiled at me and placed both hands on my shoulders. "If this one's giving you a hard time, let me know and I'll hire you a better one"

I didn't know what he was trying to point out, but I grew angry from his choice of words and shrugged his hands off my shoulder.

I tried to speak without any anger heard from my tone. "It's no bother, I can already tell that she can handle the job pretty well" I looked back to Abby, the look on her face looked even more horrible.

I reached out to her, but my father interluded and placed an arm over my shoulder. "Why don't we talk for a moment son? See what's been happeing since I left to visit your mom?"

I looked over my shoulder, expecting to see Abby still on the same position, instead I saw her walking away. I flinched when she closed the door behind her and left from my sight.

I sighed, trying to let out all the stress punding in my head. I took a seat across from my father, seeing the grin on his face as he sat down. " I see you've had a business deal with Zachary, how's that going so far?"

I pursed my lips. "Our partnership has been a terrific addition to increasing our sales, they benefit from us and we do the same"

He clasped his hands together, satisfied from my answer. "Very good, I always knew I could count on you"