“Mm-hmm.” Jonah kissed him again, drawing it out until Noble was clinging to his shirt, moaning deeply, feeling it all the way down south.

Neither heard the front door until it closed, making them both jump and gasp as their intimate kiss broke suddenly. Mason, Colleen and Rebecca stood on this side of the closed door, looking at them. Noble hadn’t really spoken directly to Rebecca since the night he’d come home from his date with Jonah to find her in his apartment with his parents. At the hospital, he’d been in too much pain to have any coherent conversation with her. And now he was suddenly feeling on edge and nervous, as if he’d just been caught with his hand in the cookie jar.

His eyes darted anxiously, not meeting anyone’s direct stare. He sensed the same uneasiness in Rebecca as well, as if she didn’t really know how to respond to him being openly gay – and kissing a man right in front of her. There were no feelings of judgment from her, but just…awkwardness. But he supposed that was understandable. It would take time for both of them to be comfortable with this new situation.

Apparently Jonah had no qualms himself as he greeted them with open cheerfulness. “Welcome to my humble home.”

“We have food to unload from the car.” Mason said.

“All right.” Jonah nodded. “Just let me get Noble settled and I’ll help you.”

“You didn’t have to get out of bed on our account.” Mason told Noble. “No one expected you to be up and about.”

Noble smiled and shrugged. “I’m kind of sick of the bed. I’m starting to feel like an invalid.”

Once he was situated comfortably on the sofa, Jonah went to help unpack the car. Colleen and Rebecca remained in the kitchen, setting out the food and making final touches. When Jonah and Mason offered to help, they ushered them from the room.

“I guess our role here today,” Jonah sat down next to Noble and stretched his arm across the back of the sofa, leaning close. “Is to entertain you.” He kissed his cheek.

Noble smiled then glanced anxiously towards the kitchen. “Are you sure this was a good idea?” He looked at Jonah. “I mean…I know Rebecca is okay with us, in theory. But to actually see us together? Sometimes that’s a different story.”

“Rebecca will be fine.” Jonah kissed him lightly. “And besides, here before long, she’ll have an all new distraction.” He winked.

“Are you sure that was a good idea?” Noble wondered doubtfully.

Mason cleared his throat. “Am I missing something?”

“Nope.” Jonah said innocently, then told Noble, “Trust me, baby. I know what I’m doing.”

Looking at his son warily, Mason murmured, “What did you do?”

......................

“I’ll be out of your way in a moment.” Jonah assured the ladies as he slipped quickly to the refrigerator. “Just need to grab Noble a cold drink.” He took out a bottle of Lipton iced tea, dropped some ice cubes in a glass and poured in the tea.

“Jonah.” Colleen stopped him when he picked up the glass and started to leave.

“Yeah?”

“Can I…talk to you a minute?” she asked quietly.

He nodded and smiled. “Of course.”

Rebecca came over. “I can take the tea to Noble.”

“Okay, thanks.” Jonah handed her the glass. Rebecca left and Jonah leaned against the counter. “Is everything all right?”