one

one.

[Sherlock and the case of the new neighbors.]

They walked down the block carrying their boxes. "Wow." She said in awe looking at her new building. She had seen it before but it still amazed her how much she loved it.

They bumped into an old married couple, "oof, sorry lassie." The old man smiled at her and she caught him before he fell.

"Sorry sir."

"It's alright little lady, any women who bumps into me and looks like you can do whatever they want, beauty opens doors."

She blushed, the old man probably couldn't even see her right.

"Thank you sir."

The old man's wife hit his arm, "Bill, stop flirting, I'm right here, this lovely couple doesn't need your handsomeness intervening."

Sam, the girl's boyfriend of years smiled and kissed her cheek, "thank you ma'am, if you don't watch yourself I might just leave her for you."

The lady laughed at the charm of the man.

"Alright, you cute pair have a great life."

"We will." She smiled at the back of the retreating couple.

They entered the apartment and it was even prettier inside than out. As she looked around she loss her balance almost falling on her face. Lucky only the item in her left hand fell to the ground.

When the plate fell the floor she knew what was going to happen next.  She sighed and raised her chin high to face the music.

She shouldn't have been accustom to it, but after many years, you just do. Samuel raised his hand and smacked her across the face. The sound of the colliding skins filled the room. It was hot, it was harder than usual, he must've been stressed.

"You stupid bitch, that plate cost us five bucks, you think money grows on bloody trees?"

"No Sammy, that was my fault."

"Yeah it fucking was, you think just because you bought it, it's yours to break? Well it fucking isn't. You know what, up finish this shit, I'm going got take a nap."

"Sam it's too much stuff-"

"Put them away, and it'll be less, you see how that fucking works." He pushed passed her making her small frame tumble unto the wall.

When she heard the door close behind him she felt like she could finally breath. And breathing turned into hyperventilating. Her head hurt as she went through her photos to hang up.

One that caught her eye was a photo of them at her moms house. She remembered how it hurt to stand up in the photo, it was only a week after she had broken her leg.

How did she get here?

She was a beautiful girl, very beautiful. She had long curly brown hair that fell to her lower back swaying with every move she made it, her bright smile which was currently, as much as she was fighting it, turning into a frown.