thirty-three

The soft morning sun already lighted up the cemetery Daichi's funeral was located. Sebastian had an arm wrapped around your waist, offering you some emotional support. You leaned into him as you hid your tears with your gloved hand. Pitch black hair tickled your face as Sebastian leaned down to place a gentle kiss on your cold cheeks, picking up some tears from the surface. 

"Sh, don't cry." His husky voice found its' way into your ears. 

You didn't answer him. Instead you silently listened to the speech Daichi's unkle was giving. You listened and observed the older man, but nothing seemed to reach your brain. 

You felt guilty. Guilty to be seeking emotional support from another man at the funeral of your fiancé, but you knew you needed it. Without Sebastian you wouldn't even have went to the funeral. 
You sighed softly as a cold gust of air whipped your hair backwards. It was like taking a sip from cold lemonade on a hot summer day, but a bit more grey. It felt refreshing and cooled your sadness down a bit. You found the courage to breath again. 

Soon the casket got lowered into the six feet hole in the soft soil, disappearing underneath a blanket of mud. In the casket was the boy you were supposed to marry. The fiancé that got murdered by an unknown killer. From the beginning of the funeral the casket had been closed. Not because the body was in a bad state, but because Daichi's father had requested it. You were glad it was closed. You wouldn't be able to look at Daichi without him being able to demand your attention. It would be too different and heartbreaking. 

Within fifteen minutes you were back in your expensive carriage, together with the dark haired demon. Sebastian was sitting next to you on the red satin seat and held you hand in his large one, embracing it in a loving way. You didn't want to admit it, but you had fallen in love with the butler, and he with you. Your love felt cliche like a love story written by a forty-something year old spinster, but it felt real. 

Although you had Sebastian, you still felt lonely. It was different without Alden and Daichi. They both had been at your side for a very long time, them being dead was something that felt unreal. You could have been Daichi's wife, but that chance had been grasped out of you reach and it was saddening to say the least. 

Alden had always been next to you. Everyday from the morning you woke up to the moment you went to sleep. He was the one that planned everything for you. Now his job had been taken over of course, Adam had taken his place. You sometimes looked at the young servant and thought about how weird it was to see him walking around in Alden's old uniform. He looked like a kitten dressed like a tiger. 

You silently stared out of the window and listened to the soft tapping on the roof as it started to rain. "[Y/N]." Your name rolled unexpectedly off of Sebastian's tongue. You turned your head to him and slightly raised your finely shaped eyebrows. 

"Yes?" 

"You look absolutely stunning today." With those words Sebastian managed to make a small smile appear on your charming face. You shook your head and turned back to the window. Not even a second after you turned your head you felt Sebastian's slender fingers grabbing your chin, turning your head back to him. 

"Don't you think it's rude to ignore such a splendid compliment, milady?" He had a smug grin on his face. 

"Not when the compliment if given just after the funeral of my fiancé." His face turned sour almost immediately. 

It went silent in the carriage for a few seconds. You regretted bringing up the funeral. It seemed to make the man next to you a bit uncomfortable. 

"My apologies," you then said, "I shouldn't have said that."
"It's okay, my comment wasn't very well timed either." He gave you a soft kiss on your lips before turning his attention to the window on his side, putting an end to the conversation. 

A big yawn made you realise how tired you were. You rested your head backwards and closed your eyes. The ride back would take a while, so it would be better if you just went to sleep. It didn't take long before you entered your own little dark paradise. 

{I'm sorry for the short and late chapter. The next chapter will be uploaded within a week. See you then!}