The Ice Cream Police

//AN// I honestly don't know how many readers I have, because most of my fans refuse to give me any way to help me figure out which of my stories they read!! *pouts* But thanks!! To everyone who ever commented, or added this to their reading list, or fanned me!! Oh, gosh the way I'm talking makes it sound like this is the last chapter... Anyway, you guys really are the reason I write and I wanted to thank you! Even any fans who didn't actually fan me, comment or any of that. I guess I'll write now...

"LOCKPORT NEW YORK!!! NEW-YORK!!! N-E-W_Y-O-R-K!!!!" Ryder complained, kicking a rock in frustration.

"It's not that far." I insisted.

Ryder turned to stare at me. "We have to walk across Kentucky and Pennsylvania." He hissed.

I shrugged, defeated.

Ryder yelled in frustration and rammed his fist into a bench. Shards of wood flew from under his hand, but the bench stayed mostly intact. Then I saw his fist.

"Ryder!! Is that blood!?" I said, grabbing his hand. "Are you TRYING to loose all your blood?" I asked hysterically, making a wild gesture to his blood stained shirt.

"Makayla I'm fine." He sighed, pulling away his arm and plopping down onto the bench, that made a horrible creaking noise that made me think it was about to fall under him. Then I realised I was slightly worried, and I shook it from my head and sat down next to him.

"It's really hot out." I whined, throwing back my head to look at the sky.

"We have plenty of money." Ryder commented, looking into his backpack.

"So?" I asked, glancing back at him.

"Let's get ice cream, Amy's waited a few years she can wait the extra hour or so it'll take to find and ice cream shop, get through the line, and eat the ice cream." Ryder reasoned, pulling me up by the arm as he stood.

I stared, surprised at his comment about his sister, but I shrugged and we began wandering around the town. We finally covered up our pride and asked a guy for directions to the closest ice cream shop.

He looked confused, but he shrugged and gave us directions.

We finally got there, after much arguing, yelling, and sarcasm. The sign said 'Freida's Frozen Yogurt'.

We got inside and gazed at the ridiculously long line.

"You're not unique anymore. Too many other people had your idea." I said, sighing and taking my place in line in front of Ryder. "You should've come up with something more original like, 'Let's steal that lady's hose and spray each other with it' but you went and decided to be unoriginal." I continued. I realised I didn't know what I wanted, and I pointed to the front counter. "I'm going up there to see what I want. I'll be right back."

I walked away, and noticed out of the corner of my eye the guy who had been in front of us turned to talk to Ryder, and I decided to listen in on their conversation.

"Aggressive girl friend? Been there, good luck bro."

"Girl friend? She isn't my girl friend!! She's barely not my enemy."

"That's how all the good relationships start."

"What are you talking about?"

"It's in all the movies! The protagonists hate each other and then they do something dramatic together and BOOM. They're a couple."

"Do you think this is a soap opera?"

"Whatever you say, dude... Hey, why is your face red? Do you have a fever or something?"