Ch. 7 Is She Dead

Ch.7 Louis’s POV

            Five days since I gave the 3 private investigators the location Lexi was last spotted at. I told them she was with at least two other girls, and as well as Lexi’s picture, they had the descriptions of the girls she was with. Why weren’t they finding her? They were supposively the best at their job! I grunted, crossing my arms and picking at the edge of the sofa. The lads and I were relaxing at the hotel we were staying at in South Carolina. We had the next few days off. Zayn looked over at me, worriedly.

            “You okay, mate?” he asked me softly. Again I grunted, looking away from him. “I promise you, she’s fine,” Zayn said, eyeing me sympathetically, “You’ll find her.”

            I was seething in anger. “No, Zayn, she probably won’t ever be found!” I shouted, drawing the attention of the other boys. “I have 3 of the top rated PIs on her case. I gave them a location of where she was last at, a picture of her and a description of the two girls she is with. Still, these supposively brilliant guys can’t find her. After 5 days! She was spotted at a stripping bar. The Lexi I knew would never do that willingly. So what does that mean, Zayn? It means she needed money. It means she was cold, and hungry, and wandering the streets of a bad area with two other pretty, tiny girls as company. Do you know what happens to gorgeous girls in those areas?” I was shaking now, uncontrollably. I had stood up, and all four boys were staring at me. I lowered my voice. “They are kidnapped, they are raped, they are killed. That’s why the PIs can’t find her. She’s dead. I’m sure of it, now. What other exclaimation is there?” I walked away from four shocked looking boys and locked myself in my room.

Lexi’s POV

            I was eating lunch at a small diner with my companions. We were now much more careful to hide our appearances, just incase one of our families were trying to find us. I wore my sunglasses and my dark hair in a bun. Everywhere I went, I wore my sunglasses. If there was someone looking for us, my eyes would be a sure giveaway. Taylor also wore sunglasses, and Justin wore a beanie. Alice told us that no one would bother enough to come looking for her, and we all knew nobody was going to be looking for Maddie.

            All of us agreed that we should act as a family. We believed that if we were reported missing, everyone would be looking for a single traveler, or maybe a pair. No one would be expecting a mother, father, child, and aunts to be runaways.

            So, we spent some of our precious money in getting Maddie a stroller. It benefited in two ways- we would look more like we were going for a stroll with our precious little girl, and Maddie wouldn’t have to walk as much.

THE NEXT DAY

            We were currently in the middle of a busy, but cozy town. It was actually very nice, and sort of reminded me of my town back home. So anyway, Taylor, Alice and Justin had went to find a place to have lunch, leaving Maddie and I to walk the crowded streets. I loved the feeling of this place. It was so friendly.

            I heard the strumming of the guitar and familiar lyrics to a song. Curiously, I pushed Maddie around the corner towards the sound. What I saw was a boy, around my age, singing and playing to the guitar to, “Moments,” by no other than my cousin and his band, One Direction. The boy was tall, with tanned skin, green eyes, and black, spiked hair. An empty guitar case sat opened in front of my, and I saw a suprising amount of money resting inside. A crowd was around him, some taking pictures and videoing. I joined the crowd, making my way to the front of the semi circle. I heard the song coming to an end.

I’ll find the words to saaay

Before you leave me today

He held out the last note and everyone around cheered and gave a round of applause. I had to admit, he was good.