He saw the figure of his sister lifting a box off the ground and when she made eye contact with Namjoon she opened her mouth to berate him but he didn't give her a chance to speak, as he cut straight to the chase.

"Why is he back?"

She stilled, and then slowly lowered the box to the ground with a soft acquiescing sigh.

Her brows creased, displaying her inner conflict but she answered him back. "You know why..." she murmured dismissively but that only proved to further anger her brother.

Joon snarled, acting out before he could think, frustrated at the man who had so openly goaded him and the fact that she had let him back into her life again, especially after Namjoon finally thought she had moved on.

"What, were you too afraid of what he would do to you that you had to let him back again??"

However he immediately regretted those words the moment he saw the flash of pain that crossed her eyes, which was quickly replaced with barely repressed anger.

Joon's shoulders slackened. "Kyungmin, wait I-"

She cut him off angrily. "You don't know anything about a single thing that I have been through so don't you dare assume that's why I took Hankyul back, Namjoon" She said in a dangerously low voice and Joon gritted his teeth.

"You know that's not what I meant! I'm only looking out for you, Min-ah...he's bad news...you know what he and his gang have been up to recently...what our department has been working on..." Joon reasoned but as always, she turned a blind eye to the things her boyfriend was involved with, choosing to focus only on the good parts about him -if there even was anything.

That never stopped her from believing that she could save him.

Her eyes grew heated and he watched as her body tensed rigidly. "Joon, enough! That's exactly my point! You have no evidence and Hankyul said they haven't done anything drastic lately so I believe him! Just because you run the police force doesn't mean that you can hold every single mistake he's done against him so back off and let me make my own decisions!" She exclaimed in exasperation, throwing her hands up in the air.

Joon shook his head, matching her head on in anger. "I wouldn't have to if you were just smart enough to make the right ones!" He argued and he knew straight away that he said the wrong thing when she froze and lowered her head, eyes hiding behind her bangs that hid an emotion he couldn't decipher.

"Leave" she barely whispered but with how silent it already was, Namjoon heard her crystal clear and his eyes widened in disbelief.

"Kyungmin..." he whispered, words laced with incredulity but she turned her back towards him.

"I thought you of all people would understand but you've said more than enough Namjoon..." she whispered, her words clipped and curt.

She was glad she turned away because her unshed tears contrasted harshly against every word she said.

With a deceiving level of poise that contradicted her actual feelings, she began to walk towards the door of her house.

Namjoon snapped out of it and instinctively grabbed her arm "Kyungmin-" but she jerked it back.

"NAMJOON I SAID LEAVE!" She screamed, leaving her throat hoarse and her heart heavy.