(8) ...or Lust?

NOW

Chim had disappeared momentarily to gather some intel as to where Lust was, leaving you and Yoongi alone in a quaint cafe until he came back.

Despite being on the same side for now, the two of you weren't exactly 'friends'.

He was looking off far away in a daze and you drummed your fingers absentmindedly on the table you two were sitting at.

"Aren't you supposed to be the one with all the connections?" You muttered to yourself and he didn't respond.

You sighed, watching the clock on the wall boredly.

After a couple of minutes he suddenly turned to you. "Is he really worth all this?" He asked, breaking the silence that was blanketing you two.

You knew exactly what he meant and after recovering from your surprise you gave him a small smile.

"He's worth all of this and more" you answered him back and he frowned.

He didn't understand why you were so easily able to sacrifice yourself for one man, especially since this man in particular was a part of the 7 Sins.

Yoongi looked at you seriously. "You do know that all of us ended up as a Sin because we committed the Sin we represent in our past right?" He questioned and you didn't even flinch.

"We could also argue about what you count as an 'committing a Sin' too. Chim told me he had been murdered" you rebutted and Yoongi chuckled amusedly.

"Don't be so naive. He may have been murdered undeservingly but he became the Sin of Pride for a reason. Deep down in him, he had become overconfident in his dancing skills -despite convincing himself otherwise. He may have thought he was humble, but his heart spoke differently." Yoongi finished cynically and you raised one brow.

"Dance?" You thought, filing that information away for later.

You thought over the rest of his words and this time you gave him an understanding look, making Yoongi stare at you in intrigue, interested in what you had to say next.

Your lips parted. "So what? All of you have committed a grave Sin, but haven't we all? No one in this world is perfect but that doesn't mean none of you deserve a second chance. I know Kook is worth that, and even if you're an asshole, you deserve a chance too because if you're not willing to forgive yourself for them then someone should, don't you think?" You answered him back honestly.

He stared even more intently than before, making you fidget uncomfortably.

"...why are you looking at me like that..." you mumble and he shook his head.

"You confuse me...even if you say that, things have changed now...this isn't as easy as grabbing him and leaving. The chance that you'll die is higher now. So why?" He pressed and you sighed.

You studied him silently. "...and what about you then?" You questioned, making him furrow his brows in confusion.

"What about me?" He asked.

"There must be that one person that you'd sacrifice everything for" you murmured and his heart thumped painfully in his chest.

Unknowingly he reached for the two piercings that sat in his lobes; it weighed heavily after you had said that.

You were right.

There had been that one person who he would have given his life for.

And he did, but not for the right reasons.