Chapter Sixteen

Chapter Sixteen

   Olga stood in front of the large window and stared at her reflection. Her greying hair was pulled back and she was wearing a navy blue dress with a black shawl. She was due down to dinner ten minutes ago but she could not get past the door of her and Brokova's bedroom.

   She could not see her son and daughter-in-law break down again at the thought of their daughter still being outside alone and she could not see her husband's face as he rolled his eyes and ignored them.

   She was being pulled apart with her son on one side and her husband on the other and no matter how much time and effort she spent on being calm and collected for the both of them and being a shoulder for them to complain and cry on, it did nothing. She knew she was too old for all of this.

   A knock brought her out of her thoughts and she turned to the door. "Enter."

      A meek looking servant entered with her head bowed down. "Queen Olga, King Brokova asked you to attend to dinner."

   Olga wanted to tell the servant to tell Brokova that she was not coming but he would only lay into the poor girl and she was frightened as it was so she told the girl to go and wiped the few tears that still lay on her wrinkled cheeks and pulled the shawl tighter around her shoulders.

   The palace was large and extravagant. She remembered when she was a little girl and she used to stay in the palace often while her father and the King did business as her father was one of the King's advisors.

   She had ran down the halls that were filled with paintings of previous monarchs and she would never have imagined her picture would be up there. She used to play with Brokova's younger sister Natasha and when she was sent away she became closer to Brokova and she feel in love with him madly.

   He was such a loving man and she never would have chosen herself to be the Queen to his King, until he asked her to marry him under the stars as the lay in the boat on the lake she never let herself think about it and now they had been married for over fifty years and they have four beautiful children and six grand-children.

   Six. She could only hope with everything in her that that number never went to five but as the days passed away without any news from Anya or the guards the possibility just grew larger and she did not know if she could ever console her son or forgive her husband.

*******************

   Anya was sat in the corner of her cell with a dry throat. She had been shouting at the guards for the best part of an hour and after she realised that they were more scared of her grandfather than anybody else she shut up and sat sullenly.

   She was regretting storming out on Dimitri but then he would hardly be much use. He would be able to knock out a few of the guards because he also knew how to fight but he could not use his magic and therefore he would probably be in the same situation as her if he came. 

   When she was ambushed with Darya, she was carried by four men and six surrounded them. The security was ridiculous and gave her no chance of escaping but even if she did, she would never have left Darya who was still knocked out cold when they were dropped into the cage.

   As soon as she woke up Darya was taken away and that really put her on edge because if she found out she had been hurt she was going to use her full influence and power and rain down on these guards so hard they won't get back up again.

   "Hey! Where have you put my friend?" She asked the guard again.

      He rolled his eyes, "I've told you, I am not at liberty to say."