The End

No matter how fast time would usually run by you, that night was infinite, it simply, with no logical or scientific explanation, would never end. She would always be there, haunting everyone in their worst dreams, to destroy every single other moment of their lives, always attempting to hurt whatever could be happy.

Dipper Gleeful always thought there was a limit for sadness. But any man's mind can change when forced to carry their dying kid to a house, acknowledging that there was nothing else to be done. He carefully lied Alex's down in the couch, attempting to breath, attempting to make the boy feel as if he was going to sleep, and wake up in the other day, as if nothing had ever happened.

Gleeful couldn't believe that an amulet could give him thousands of powers, but none to defeat death. If the man could only go back in the time, and prevent Will from ever falling in love with him, he would. If they have never got together, then Alex would be with another family, in safety, perhaps even happy. Will wouldn't be crying, stuttering more than he ever did, screaming at the Universe. If only that could be changed, then things could be fine. Perhaps everyone else could be fine, and Gleeful wouldn't bother continue with his previous miserable life, not if that meant the other's happiness. Not if that meant everyone he loved would be alive and fine.

How could he live with the knowledge that he watched his own son die, and wasn't able to do a thing? How could he look into Will's eyes every day of his life, if he didn't do a thing to avoid all of that? And, how could he tell Adalynn her twin was dead? How could he keep on living after everything he had been put through in one single night? After all of the crying, after all of the pain, after all the things his eyes saw?

********************

Dipper Pines waited two days. Two days became one week, that became three, that, eventually, became three whole months. He knew exactly what the time was telling him, but still, he ignored it. There are moments in a person's life in which the best way to convince yourself to keep living is, simply, without anything else to be done, to ignore.

To ignore that night.

To ignore he saw Alex's dying, to ignore he had to attend to the funeral, to ignore seeing two parents cry because they lost their kid, to ignore seeing a girl crying after losing her brother, losing her twin. To ignore that his boyfriend would never be back, and even, it didn't save Alex. Every single sacrifice, all in vain.

He, of all people, should've known the damage a single demon could do to an entire family. And he, of all people, should've known that nothing would ever be the same. The Gleeful's visits wouldn't be so frequent, never again, not when knowing that was the place they had lost almost everything.

***************

Adalynn tried to stand still, she tried to stay strong. She knew she had to be the one to keep the family a little bit sane after what happened, because, it didn't matter how much it hurt her, she wasn't there. She hadn't been forced to watch it.

Still, she was the one who could've stopped that madness. If she, for at least once in her life, had stand against her brother's crazy plan, he would be there with her, and her parents would be happy. She should've known. She always trusted her twin blindly, always convincing herself that he was ten times smarter than her, and that he was ten times stronger than she could ever be. Well, he, indeed, was, though none of these helped him.

The girl knew her brother better than she knew herself, she knew how he would easily get killed without her at his side, attempting to give him some advice, and keep him thinking straight during difficult situations. Situations such as the one that killed him. Alex had one big flaw, that also happened to be his greatest characteristic, he would rather die fighting for the few that cared for him, than to die alone.

***************

Will couldn't reach the right words to describe the way he was feeling, and whatever it was, it surely didn't have a name.

No word could describe the feeling of loosing a son.

After that night, he didn't feel as talking, or as leaving the house, or as doing anything at all.

The worst part still was that, he didn't want to leave the house, he didn't have the strength needed to make through it, and to accept the past, but staying in that place, somehow, made everything quite worse.

Every time he would walk in the corridor, and pass through Alex's bedroom, with the door closed, locked, almost vanishing, he would try not to break down.

If it wasn't for Adalynn, he doubted he would even get out of the bed in the morning. If it wasn't for his daughter, if he didn't have to be there for her, he would never open his mouth again.

*****************

"Where's your father?" Will whispered, slowly walking into the kitchen, only to find a lonely Adalynn with a black mug, which certainly wasn't hers, in hand.

"He went out early," she answered, staring directly at the empty chair by her side, "I don't know where he is, papa"

"I might have an idea," he responded, eyes looking at the window, before sighing. 

"I'm going downtown today," Adalynn carefully whispered, "I have a few things I need to buy, and I also believe we're running out of milk and apples. You coming with me?"

"I-I," Will thought about saying no, it was what he wanted to do anyways. He didn't want to leave the house, he didn't want to face the pitiful glances he would receive, but while realizing Adalynn was doing her best to get everything back together, and to make them all accept they would have to learn how to live without Alex, and learn how to live with the lonely feeling inside, how could he say no? "S-sure"

"That's great," she replied, standing up, attempting to give him a warm smile, "We should wait for dad. I think he would like to go with us as well. He won't take long, right?" 

"H-He never t-takes l-long" 

***********************

I know this isn't the happiest thing I've ever written, but I'm proud of it ? Ik it's kind of trashy and all, I still can't write sad scenes in english, damn you second language, well, anyways, I had a great time writing this "sequel". It was probably the shortest fanfic I've ever written in my entire life, oh gosh. *laughs nervously* 

Anyways I hope you liked it! 

Love, Liv :3