2

The light from the fire flickers in the darkroom, outlining Jeongguk's sharp feature. The high-pitched screaming slowly dies down into small whimpers.

Before the carpet can catch on fire, Jeongguk quickly motions his guards to wipe out the fire, leaving a dirty, disgusting, undefined thing in the middle of the room. He stares at the thing on the floor and scrunches his face in disgust, covering it with a huge piece of cloth," I want this gone by the end of today," Jeongguk command his bodyguard. He turns towards the two line of people and darkens his eyes," I pray for the best luck that none of you become like this" he warns with his emotionless voice.

His subordinates nod their head in fear and scramble out of the room when Jeongguk motion them to. Jeongguk plops down onto his comfortable seat and tilts his head back, staring at the empty ceiling. He closes his eyes and the memory from 14 years ago rewinds inside his head.

He slowly slides his hand onto his cheeks and imagines it as his first love's, but the warmth of his hand is way different from that cold touch he once felt. The feeling and the image imprinted into his mind, caging him in a prison called "Limerence."

He flutters his eyes open and fishes his phone out of his pocket. The dim light from the phone was the only source of brightness in Jeongguk's dark, cold and empty room.

Jeongguk stands up and strolls his way towards his huge windows where he could see the whole entire city, in his grasp. He lets out a huge sigh and types in his password. Jeongguk shoves his left hand into his pocket and brings the other one to his right ear, staring at the beautiful yet polluted city, the only sound in the silent room was the ringing of his phone.

"Send the replacement for Yoon Daekwan to my office this instant," he orders and ends the call before hearing a reply. Jeongguk sits back down onto his seat and silently wait for the replacement.

Not too long later, he hears a knock on the door, "Come in," he orders and the door slowly opens. The room was too dark so he couldn't see the face of the person coming in.

"Waaa, it's so dark!" A cheerful voice comment. As the figure walks closer, Jeongguk furrows his brows in confusion, he couldn't remember but he was sure he saw that face from somewhere. A certain thought run through his mind, maybe he might be the one Jeongguk was looking for.

But as the stranger trips on the burned human body which was covered by a cloth, Jeongguk quickly throw that thought away.

"What are you doing?" Jeongguk questions and stands up, walking towards the brunette. He pulls the smaller boy up onto his feet and kicks the cloth away, revealing the thing on the floor. The brunette screams but Jeongguk quickly cover his mouth, only allowing muffles to be heard.

"This is Yoon Daehwan, the guy who's been working before you," Jeongguk explains and releases his hold on the brunette, letting him breathe.

"What is your name?"

"K-Kim Tae-Taehyung, age 26," the brunette replies with tears streaming down his beautiful face.

"Well, Kim Taehyung I wish you the best luck that you won't turn into this piece of shit here," Jeongguk kindly smiles at Taehyung. He still couldn't get the feeling off of him, but the more he stares into Taehyung's eyes, the more he was confirmed that Taehyung isn't his love from 14 years ago. Through Taehyung's eyes, he could see nothing that's even close to that psychotic pupil that he once saw.

--
This is the starting point

omG