SEVENTEEN

A bit of a heads up: This is a bit of time skip from the last chapter because this is a part of the filler chapters. This is a prelude to 'Into Darkness' but as much as I want to just write about what's going to happen I'll just write what happens. I'm actually so excited for this bit and I can't say why! Enjoy

 I'm actually so excited for this bit and I can't say why! Enjoy

~***~

It's been about two weeks since the crew went back out into space.

Without me or Aleksandr.

As Admiral Marcus had said, we were grounded and transferred to the London headquarters. It was nice here. Sophisticated I suppose you could say and incredibly crowded. I guess that's what comes with being on an island with not much room to build out but it was worth it. The architecture was so sleek and refined and our apartment overlooked the Thames. It was refreshing and yet nostalgic...

While Aleksandr was readily put work, I sat at home. I was sure that I would be put to work and had gone to to headquarters as soon as we set foot in London, however when I got there I was told that I was not needed and that I would be called on when needed. I was getting antsy, waiting around to get called. So when I got a call today saying that I was needed at headquarters I almost ran out the door in nothing but a t-shirt and sweatpants. Thankfully, I realized before I caused too much embarrassment to myself.

But when I walked into headquarters, I was not expecting to be led to an interrogation room to sit across a man. I was told that we'd be partners in the upcoming advanced weaponry designs initiated by Admiral Marcus, and that we needed to get to know each other. What I was confused about was why we were in an interrogation room and why I was being assigned to work on advanced weaponry.

I drummed my fingers on my arm as the man and I stared at each other. We seemed content for the moment but very slowly I was beginning to get agitated. We had been in here for over an hour. I would've thought that someone would've come in to urge us to speak but no one did. I glanced at the two way mirror with a glare before sighing.

"What's your name?" He tilted his head a bit, smirked and said nothing. I scowled.

"You seem... different from the others they've sent me." I scowled harder when he slammed his hands on the metal table and watched me. "You are very different from the rest. Tell me, what is your name?"

"Oh, so you just expect me to tell you my name after you blatantly ignored when I asked the same question? I find that rather rude."

"Southern accent. Texan, I presume?"

I tapped my fingers on my arm before answering, "Born and raised."

He gave a small smile before it dropped and he leaned forward, "My name... is Khan, but to the outside world my name is John Harrison."

"Where are you from? You don't have the... air of someone from this time."

"After I tell you my name and you do not oblige me with yours. Tut-tut, how rude."

I tapped my fingers again as I stared at this mysterious man. He radiated confidence and danger even with looking so bored. I couldn't place it but there was something familiar about the feeling. His moves were smooth and calculated. He, himself, seemed to be smooth and calculated. Nothing escaped his notice. As I had sat here, watching him watch me, I had noticed whenever I moved or shifted he followed the movement. He was almost predatory.

"Will you stay silent?"

His voice brought me out of analysis of him and I answered him, "Tchaikovskaya Anastasiya Pavelovna Pike."

"Ah, a beautiful name for a beautiful woman. Tell me, Anastasiya, what is such a fine woman such as yourself doing working for such people such as these?"

"My love of space."

"In such a world where it's so common? No, that can't be. You said I didn't have the air of someone from this time, which means you've experienced another. Tell me, you are not from this time either, are you?"

"I'm not," I said slowly. He stayed silent, seemingly waiting for a response. "I am from the 21st century."

"How did you come to this time?"

"Unfortunately I am not allowed to give out those details."

"Time manipulation, perhaps?" He smirked. "Ah yes. Of course. You are so full of surprises. Born into an era perhaps no different from mine. We are one in the same."

"And how is that?" I muttered.

"We are both relics out of time."

A beep from the door drew my attention from Khan. Admiral Marcus stood in the doorway focused on me. "You will be accommodating Mr. Harrison for the time being. You will live together and work together."

"Admiral!" I exclaimed standing up. "That is highly inappropriate! I've-"

"That was not a request, Doctor."

"You can't just order me into this!"

"I can and I will!" Admiral Marcus bellowed. "You seem to forget that you are a threat to the Federation. The only reason you are allowed so much is because of Pike but you still have a leash. Follow orders, Doctor or I will reign in that leash permanently!" I felt my lip wobble as he stepped closer. "Accommodations have been set up for you both. Dismissed."

I felt my lip wobble as he left me without any say. Again. An officer appeared in the doorway and told us that he was ordered to lead us back to my apartment. No words were exchanged and though I felt Khan's eyes on me I refused to look at him. I felt my PADD ding in my purse and fished it out. It was more orders from Admiral Marcus. I was to get close to Khan and control him. The Admiral feared that Khan would rebel if he didn't have incentive not to. It didn't say how close I had to get to him but I knew either way...

Leonard was not going to like this news...